The club was formed in 1884 and based at the
Fish and Eels public house at Dobbs Weir on the River Lea.
The club was officially registered with the Amateur Swimming
Association in 1895. The members then moved to the luxury of the
Spinning Wheel Lido in 1933 which eventually became the
Hoddesdon Open Air Pool.
Today, Hoddesdon Swimming Club utilises two swimming pools since 2002 members
have trained the majority of the time in The John Warner Sports
Centre (Hoddesdon), and in Simon Balle School Pool (Hertford). During
the summer months you will also find some of our swimers training over at the White Water Centre in Lea
Broxbourne Swim Squad
BoBSS includes Elite
swimmers from both Hoddesdon and Cheshunt swimming Clubs, and will
increase the range of opportunities for those wishing to take their
swimming seriously. Swimmers now have the opportunity to compete
together at certain events, which is a very exciting new venture
for both Clubs. The Coaching Teams and Committees of both clubs and
in addition the Borough of Broxbourne, are all delighted by this
very positive move forwards.