Director Of Coaching
In 1998 I established the Borough of Stockton Swim Scheme. As head coach developing swimmers entering the programme as 8 year olds through to World medal winners and Olympic finalists, including Welsh Senior International Jemma Lowe who’s first cap was 2006 Commonwealth Games in Melbourne Australia.
In 2008 after being selected as a Team GB coach at the Beijing Olympics I moved to the University of Bath to create a new National Centre for British Swimming. Over the 8 years was integral in creating a hugely successful elite training environment that produced 63 senior international medals for Britain and the Home Nations from 2012-16, including 5 Olympic Silver Medals
- Coached 4 Olympic Medallists (63 Senior International medals in the last 4 years)
- Olympic Coach, Beijing 2008
- World Championship Coach, 2007
- Team Leader for European Youth Olympics, 2014
- World Junior Championships Head Coach, 2013
- European Junior Coach, 2005, 2006, 2010, 2011
- 10 years as a British Swimming elite coach
- 8 years at Bath National training Centre
- 10 years as Head Coach at Borough of Stockton Swim Scheme (Top 8 Youth club at Nationals)
- British Swimming World Class Start Programme Coach, 2002 - 2004
- British Swimming World Class Youth Programme Technical Lead Coach, 2004 - 2006
- ASA Level 2 Teaching
- ASA Level 2 Coaching (working towards Level 3)
- BSc Sports Performance, University of Bath
From 2010 – 2016 I was assistant coach at the University of Bath. During this time, I had success coaching the University of Bath’s competition squad, developing swimmers to medals at regional, national, university national and British championship level. I also had the privilege of coaching multiple International team qualifiers to European Championships, Commonwealth games and Olympic and Paralympic games.
Personal swimming achievements
- European Youth Olympics 2003 (Paris) - Silver medal 1500m Freestyle
- European Junior Championships 2004 (Lisbon) – Bronze medal 4x200 Freestyle
- European Junior Championships 2005 (Budapest) – Bronze medal 1500m Freestyle
- European SC Championships 2005 (Trieste) – 400m & 1500m Freestyle
- European LC Championships 2006 (Budapest) – 1500m Freestyle
- British Championships 2007 (Sheffield) – Gold medal 1500m Freestyle
- Australian SC Championships 2008 (Melbourne) – Gold medal 1500m Freestyle
- Member of British Swimming Offshore Centre 2003 – 2010
ASA Level 2 Coaching
As an assistant coach I have helped coach swimmers in New Zealand and in England over the years to both regional and national standards. Having personally trained and competed at the highest levels, I hope to share my wealth of knowledge & experience in helping each swimmer work towards their individual goals.
Personal Swimming achievements
- Olympian 1988 Seoul, South Korea
- Commonwealth Games Gold Medallist 100 Backstroke 1986 Edinburgh, Scotland
- NZ International 1983 - 1989
UKCC Level 3 (performance)
While at Team Bath I was the Age group 2 coach and worked with several National age medallists and many regional medallists.
While Coaching at Trowbride Swimming club as the Head Coach, I coached swimmers from beginners through to British Championship qualifiers and National level open water swimmers, as well as 2 Disability swimmers who competed at multiple international competitions including the London Paralympics.
I increased the number of regional qualifiers substantially, and had several medallists. The club improved their standing in the local league galas to winning and defending the title on multiple occasions. I worked at Trowbridge until I took a break from coaching to start a family.
Personal Swimming achievements
I grew up in Australia and began winning state medals at age 10, I won my first National age championship at 13 in 200 backstroke.
At 15, I was given a scholarship to the Australian Institute of Sport and swam under Pierre LaFontaine. At 16 I qualified for my first international team in the 1500m freestyle and represented Australia at the 2003 World Championships. I went on to compete at the 2004 Olympic Games (800 freestyle) the 2004 World Short Corse Championships (400, 800 freestyle), the 2005 World Championships (1500 freestyle), the 2006 Commonwealth Games (800 freestyle), and the 2006 Pan Pacific Championships (400, 800, 1500 freestyle and 10km open water).
I then Moved to Bath to take up a sports Scholarship at the University of Bath.