BSBASA County Championships 2018
(this is a team hosted event)
Berks & South Bucks ASA
County Speed Swimming Championships 2018
The Berks & South Bucks ASA is holding the County Speed Swimming Championships between the 13th January to 28th January 2018.
The events will take at the Wycombe Leisure Centre Pool, near junction 4 of the M40.
The meet is licensed Level 1, and is open to swimmers of clubs affiliated to Berks and South Bucks ASA and meet the published qualifing times.
Saturday, 13th January
Sunday, 14th January 2018
Saturday, 27th January 2018
Sunday, 28th January 2018
|Venue||Wycombe Leisure Centre 50m pool|
Level 1. License
1SE180129 (13/14th January)
1SE180130 (27/28th January)
|Ages||10/11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 and 17&over on 31/12/2018|
|Opening Date for Entries||Wednesday 18th October 2017|
|Closing Date for Entries||Noon, Sunday, 24th December 2017|
The following are key differences from last year's County Championships:
- The championships are being held entirely at the Wycombe Leisure Centre pool. This is a modern facility, and warm up/swim down facilities are available during the meet.
- All events are being swum Long Course (50m).
- As a result there will be no 100m Individual Medley event.
- The 16 year old age group has been reinstated in the championships.
- There are now Age Group finals for all 50m and 100m events, as required by Swim England.
- As a result, the Junior County Champion, and the County Champion will be award on the basis of a Virtual Final, calculated from the results of the Age Group Final swims.
- In order to make time for the Age Group Finals, the Open 4x50m relays have had to be discontinued.
Full details, schedules and qualifying times are contained in the Meet's Promoter's conditions, schedule and qualifying times document.
You will be able to enter using the online entry page on https://bsbasa.org/Meet/BSBAG18 after the meet opens on Wednesday, October 18th 2017.
As last year, individuals (rather than clubs) will be expected to make and pay for their own entries online. Note that the meet is NOT first-come, first-served, so there is no need to enter before you have your latest times to "get a space".
In case of query, the Meet's Entries Secretary can be contacted at email@example.com.
Any queries about technical officials for the gala should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.