TARGET MEET: Weston-SM Easter Open Meet
WARM UP TIMES ATTACHED
ALL ENTRIES ACCEPTED - SEE DOCUMENT BELOW
The meet is at Hutton Moor Leisure Centre, off the A370 on the way to Weston super Mare. There is ample free parking outside the centre.
The first warm up each morning starts at 8am with racing starting at 9:30am. We will put the times for afternoon sessions on our website once we hear about them. Please ensure your swimmer arrives in time to be changed and ready for the start of the warm up for the sessions they are swimming in.
There is a meet website at:
Any questions, please do ask your swimmer's coach or your squad secretary. If this is your swimmer's first meet, we would advise:
- plenty of water or weak squash to drink - a couple of bottles wouldn't be excessive if they are going to be at the pool all day. Don't even think about energy drinks.
- racing goggles (that don't fall off when diving in), swimsuit (that fits well), Keynsham swim hat, and maybe spares of each
- two towels, top & shorts to wear between races, maybe indoor footwear such as flip flops
- food - nothing too sugary as your swimmer won't be PB'ing once their insulin gets to work. And nothing too messy, as 50 young swimmers with messy food is more than anyone should have to contend with. Protein and slow release carbohydrates are ideal.
- do make sure that your swimmer stays with the squad during warm-up and the racing sessions. And if you are able to leave mid-session, please make sure your swimmer lets the coaches know of their departure.
During meets with adequate wifi, we post updates on twitter: https://twitter.com/keynshamsc
- Programme of events
- No faster than times
- Meet conditions
- Entry Lists - 07.03.18.pdf
- Warm Up Schedules.docx
- Schedule of Timings.doc