Watford Regional Qualifier Open Meet
WATFORD SWIMMING CLUB
Regional Qualifier Open Meet
(Licence Number 3ER 180443 )
Saturday 3RD March and Sunday 4th March 2018
Woodside Leisure Centre Horseshoe Lane Garston WD25 7HH
Details of schedule and qualifying times are in the Forms/Documents below.
As this is a first come first served open meet, the deadline for your submission is
17th January 23:59hrs
No entries can be processed after this date.
The entry fee is £6.00 per individual event except the 400s - £8.00 for the 400m Freestyle and 400 IM - There is also a £2.50 per swimmer Chesham admin charge. Please pay the total to Chesham through online banking using the normal banking details.
To register click on the Attend/Decline button ir it might be Edit Commitment if you have previoiusly viewed the page.
If you ARE NOT GOING:
• Click on the Member Names [they default to Not Committed]
• Then click on the Signup Record pull-down and select No
• If No, just click on the [Save Changes] button to save the changes
• If you have more than one child, repeat the same task as listed above
If you ARE GOING:
• Click on the Signup Record pull-down and select Yes
• Once yes is selected, you will see the events your child MAY be eligible to swim
• You will also see the best times inserted into the Entry Time field and highlighted in yellow
• Check the Checkbox to the left of the name for those events you would like to swim
• If the event time you select is NT or old and you have a faster time, please use the notes section to inform me of the event and time and I will update this centrally.
• Please take careful notice of the time standards that must be met in the right-side columns
• Once you have finished, click on the Save Changes Button in the lower right
• Repeat the process for additional swimmers
Please see note below from Wayne on what to enter:
Those looking for Regional times should be very choosy about which races they pick. A 50m warm up race followed by the event you’re targeting would be ideal.
Those targeting next year’s county times should again not over-race in any session. 2 target events per session should be enough.
Really young swimmers should only attend 2 sessions out of the 4 rather than 2 full days - If you are not sure, speak to your Coach.
Anyone looking for race practice against good opposition should aim to test themselves in their events and perhaps choose unusual distances to get the most out of the week end. Make a mental plan for each race and then see how the race stacks up against the plan (we can help with that planning).
- Qualifying times Regional meet 2018.xlsx
- Regional Qualifier - March 2018 - Join - swimmers and parents.docx
- Regional qualifier schedule of events 2018.docx