Crystal Open Meet
(this is a team hosted event)
IMPORTANT, PLEASE READ
Thank you for all your entries for the Crystal Open Meet on 24th and 25th March.
The session times are the same for both days and are as follows:
Warm up 8:30am Warm up 1pm
Session start 9:30am Session start 2pm
We decided this year to make our meet a two day meet allowing all age groups access to all events and to extend the age groups to 16yrs and over. We were not sure how this would be received but I am pleased to say we have had a tremendous response, so much so that we would need a three day competition to accommodate all the entries. Unfortunately, this means there are a very large number of rejections, for which we can only apologies.
When deciding which entries to accept, we have two criteria:
1. To accept the fastest entries in each age group in each event giving a fair competition and a balanced gala with sessions no longer than 3 hours ie. in line with ASA licensing requirements.
2.To ensure the number of swimmers does not exceed the health and safety capability of the pool.
With the above in mind, we first removed all the entries with the slowest entry times across the age groups to give the correct running time.
After doing this, we still had too many swimmers on the poolside so we decided not to accept swimmers who had only one swim left in a session. This reduced the number of swimmers to an acceptable level.
We believe that we have been as fair as possible.
- Programme of Events.jpg
- Meet Conditions
- Accepted Swimmers for Crystal Open 2018.docx
- Programme - Session 1.docx
- Programme - Session 2.docx
- Programme - Session 3.docx
- Programme - Session 4.docx
- Warm up Schedule.docx