Carn Brea and Helston Meet 2018
Good luck to the 15 Caradon swimmers who head to the Carn Brea and Helston Sprint Meet being held at Penzance on Saturday 10th March 2018. We are looking forward to a successful day of sprinting. Jason and Philip will be coaching poolside and the Caradon Team Managers are Clive Shute and Claire Rickards.
Please ensure all swimmers:-
- Arrive promptly for session 1 and to be ready for poolside briefings from Jason/Philip. Swimmers should be in full club kit for arrival.
- Bring a number of towels in order to stay dry between warm up and races.
- Bring suitable clothing to keep warm in between races, the warmer their muscles are before racing the better they will function.
- Race in a 'new' Caradon swimming hat.
- Have suitable quantites of fluids and food with them for the day, as remaining hydrated is important.
- Items are named, or initialled, in order that items can be returned to their rightful owners in the event of things being misplaced.
- Please note that swimmers will be released by Jason or a member of the coaching team or a Team Manager and are then free to leave on completion of their final event on the day of the competition.
We look forward to a great day of racing with all the swimmers. <Ê<û
Programme of Events
Session 1 Arrive 10am Warm up 10.30am Start 11.20 am
1 2 100M Individual Medley
3 4 50m Butterfly
Sk 1 Sk 2 Junior Skins To be swum in rotation- random stroke selection by draw
Sk 3 Sk 4 Senior Skins
Session 2 Warm up 2.30 Start 3.20pm
5 6 50m Backstroke
7 8 50m Breaststroke
9 10 50m Freestyle
Estimated finish time 6pm
- Carn Brea and Helston Meet Pack
- Carn Brea and Helston Entry Form
- Carn Brea and Helston Qualifier List