Timekeepers Course - Sun 18 Feb 2018
(this is a team hosted event)
J1 Timekeepers Course - Windrush Leisure Centre, Sunday 18th February
We need more parents - particularly from the Academy/Junior Squads - to become qualified as timekeepers if our Junior swimmers are to be able to take part in the 2018 Diddy Championships, Club Championships, Development Meets and galas. We are under increasing pressure from other clubs, as well as our own, to provide timekeepers at events and urgently need to increase our pool of timekeepers.
We are holding a Timekeepers Course at the Windrush Leisure Centre on Sunday 18th February starting at 3.45pm, finishing by 7.30pm.
Only members (ASA Swim England registered) members may become timekeepers. If you are not an ASA member but wish to become one, please contact Jenny our Membership Secretary at email@example.com
Course Timings are:
3.45pm - Meet in the Soft Play Area, WLC for theory part of course.
@5.30pm – move poolside for practical element.
7.30pm - Finish
Our Club will cover the cost of the Timekeepers course and we have spaces for 10 members.
You will need to:
1. Bring a stopwatch - a cheap one from Amazon is fine - it just needs to record the time in 1/100th of a second and a split function is quite useful. you can get them for about £5.
2. Bring a clipboard and pen.
3. Wear clean poolside shoes, clothes you'll be comfortable in and be prepared to get wet! Swimmers are rather splashy!
4. Print off and bring the Course Workbook with you.
5. Print off, complete and bring the Application Form with you.
Please do sign up for the course so that you can help our Club and your swimmers take part in competitions at home and away events. Thank you.