Alan Doyle Memorial Sprint Level 3 9th Dec - Facilitated
(this is a team hosted event)
THIS IS A FIRST COME FIRST SERVED MEET - DEADLINES - SWIMMERS 1st Sept - VOLUNTEERS/OFFICIALS - 1st Dec
This meet is aimed at every swimmer in the Club. Where swimmers do not have an official time, we will enter a calculated time based on any unlicensed times.
Many of you will be aware that Hemel's former Head Coach, Alan Doyle, died unexpectedly late last year. Alan was part of the bedrock of our club and played an active role in the wider swimming community including running the website and social media for the Arena League. To commemorate the anniversary of his death we will be hosting a new level 3 licensed sprint meet at Hemel on Sunday 9th December, the day after the last round of Arena League. The event will comprise 50’s in all strokes with finals plus the 100IM and there will be awards for the most improved boy and girl swimmer. Half of the profits from the day will be donated to the British Heart Foundation.
This is a Facilitated Meet and therefore for us to attend we will need at leats two volunteers per session please.
We are conscious that many clubs and swimmers have expressed an interest in attending this meet and so the rules for accepting entries have been designed to accomodate as many different clubs as follows:
In the first instant swimmers will be restricted to a
maximum number of entries which will not be less than 3 per
swimmer. Swimmers will be scratched starting with the club whose
entry was received last, working backwards in order of receipt.
Initially those swimmers entered in five events will be scratched
from the event in which their entry time is closest to the no
faster than time.
If having scratched all swimmers entered in five events there is still over-capacity then the same process will be followed for those swimmers entered in four events.
If having restricted the number of entries to three per swimmer there is still over capacity, entries will be accepted in order of receipt: that is, first come, first served.
No faster than times have been set as follows;
This meet is currently Supported, which means we will have a coach present. Please could we have volunteers and officials signup for these using the Job Signup button.
- The Promoter reserves the right to limit the number of entries to comply with time limits.
- In the event of over-subscription, in the first instant swimmers will be restricted to a maximum number of entries which will not be less than 3 per swimmer. Swimmers will be scratched starting with the club whose entry was received last, working backwards in order of receipt. Initially those swimmers entered in five events will be scratched from the event in which their entry time is closest to the no faster than time. If having scratched all swimmers entered in five events there is still over-capacity then the same process will be followed for those swimmers entered in four events. If having restricted the number of entries to three per swimmer there is still over capacity, entries will be accepted in order of receipt: that is, first come, first served.
- The Club will continue to accept entries after the closing date if the event is under-subscribed and this will be advertised on the Club’s website.
- We will confirm entries once we receive confirmation of events from the promoter after the promoters deadline date.
- The meet – License level 3, times qualify for County and Regional Champs in 2019. 50m all strokes, heats and finals plus 100m IM, heat declared winner. No Faster Than times apply. Age as at 9th December.
- Session times – Session 1 warm up from 12:45, session starts 13:45. Session 2 warm up from 17:30, session starts 18.00.
- Trophies for Most Improved Boy and Girl overall. Improvement” will be measured against entry time and swimmers/coaches are asked to respect the spirit of the competition, noting that the organiser reserves the right to reject swimmers if he thinks their times have been deliberately misrepresented
- 50% of profits to British Heart Foundation
- Cost of the event will be £5.50 per event entered, no refunds will be provided after the entries have been submitted as per the promoters conditions, unless due to illness and a medical letter can be provided.
- Fees for this meet will be accrued as part of the quarterly Meet Fees and Refund Process Quarter 4 - https://uk.teamunify.com/SubTabGeneric.jsp?team=erhbsc&_stabid_=153864
- Withdrawals prior to the promoters date will not incur costs, however post this date refunds will not be made unless we receive a medical note.
- Notice of withdrawal on the day needs to be TBC.
- Non attendance at a meet may also incur a fine by the promoter which will be added to your account.
- 11th Nov 2018
Points for swimmers
The Club has a reputation of being a well behaved, polite and supportive Club, can you please instill to your swimmer(s) the following;
- The Club expects all swimmers to be well behaved
- Please ensure you bring along NEW club t-shirts and wear them, club hats *2, goggles *2, costumes *2, shorts to keep warm and poolside shoes to keep feet warmer and save the calf muscles!
- Please ensure you wear Club attire and hats at all meets
- Don't forget to bring water with you too.
- Also bring snacks, as per the Club Handbook (last page or at Club Handbook) there are things you should bring, sweets are not on the list
- Please be polite, helpful, positive and support your team members
- Listen and do what our coaches and volunteers ask you to do
- Never leave poolside or the group without informing a volunteer or coach
- When you are asked to go to the marshaling area please ensure you take your hat & goggles
- If you are unsure, ask, there is never a wrong or silly question
- Prior to leaving at the end of the meet, ensure the area you have been sitting is clean and as they found it
- Finally the Club has a reputation for being the loudest and greatest singers, so please encourage your swimmers to have fun and swim as fast as they can, but more importantly, ENJOY THEMSELVES
Points for parents
- Please ensure you get your swimmer(s) to the pool on time
- If you are going to be late, please TEXT Geoff and let him know - 07731 315984
- If for whatever reason that you are unable to make it, please let Geoff (firstname.lastname@example.org) or me know.
- Please give plenty of encouragement and support to all our swimmers
- Some swimmers will be nervous and want to stay close, please ensure that all swimmers remain on poolside with the team/coach at all times
Officials Submitted:- 22nd Nov - Tara Bullock & Mark Strakosch
|Meet Schedule||Entry Times||