Kent / London Swimming Open Water Championships - Accepted Entries
2018 Open Water Competition
Date: Saturday 30th June 2018
Venue: Surrey Quays Watersports Centre, Rotherhithe, London SE16
Message from London Swimming:
Dear Club Gala Secretary
Please find attached the final instructions for the London Swimming Open Water Championships 2018.
Please note the following
- Any changes to coaches must
be submitted in advance to the organisers, NO CHANGES WILL BE
ALLOWED WITHOUT PRIOR NOTIFICATION.
- A number of clubs have been
advised that their coach does not have a valid regional
(premium) pass and that a further fee is due. This must be
paid at least 7 days before the event to ensure a coach pass is
- A number of emails to parents have bounced back (due to unrecognised email addresses on the entry forms, etc.) and a number of clubs have not sent email addresses or mobile numbers for their coaches - please make sure all your club coaches / team managers and swimmers / parents have received the relevant Guidance Notes (1 a-c) and other Event Information documentation (2-7) as attached.
London Open Water Events Committee
Dear Club Entries Manager,
Please find attached the Entry List for the London Swimming Open Water Championships on Sat 30th June.
this list carefully and advise any corrections by
email to email@example.com before 5pm on Tues 12th
This will enable us to issue the entry packs and confirm the race day time-table.
To assist your team logistics, race briefing times are provisionally planned as follows:
Event (all age groups ) - 09:30
2km Event (all 12 year olds and 14 & over) - 10:45
2km Event (all 13 year olds) - 11:15
3km Event (all age groups )
on behalf of the
Open Water team
The deadline for entering / paying for this competition is today - Monday 21st May 2018 - please get your entries in on time :-)
This is the Open Water Championships for both Kent and London Region and is for aged 12/over. Please read the attached conditions carefully before entering your child (these differ from usual galas) and please gain your Coach's consent before entering this competition.
Please submit your entries (this includes entry form & consent/medical form) to me no later than close of play Monday 21st May either via:
- email to firstname.lastname@example.org or
- post to Lindsey Davison, 43 Oakwood Avenue, Beckenham BR3 6PT.
The cost of each swim is £20 (+ the £1 admin fee).
Payment should be made as follows:
- Cheques should be made payable to Beckenham Swimming Club (not BSC) & please include the swimmer's name and 'OW18' on the back.
- If you are paying by bank transfer, please REMEMBER TO USE THE NEW ACCOUNT (Sort Code: 60-02-12, Account 53746031), and please use OW18+Swimmer Surname as the reference.
- In addition, as per the AGM documentation, the Club has introduced a £1 admin fee per swimmer/per gala to cover incremental bank fees so please can you add the extra £1 onto your payment (this is NOT included on the entry form) per swimmer.
A reminder that failure to make payment by the closing date will see your swimmer removed and they will not be entered to swim.
I look forward to receiving your prompt entries.
- OW18 Conditions.pdf
- OW18 BSC Entry Form.xlsx
- OW18 Consent and medical declaration form ASA Members.pdf