Wandsworth Club Championships 2018 - Full Results
Well done everyone who took part in the 2018 Wandsworth SC Club Championships.
The full set of results are published below.
A warm welcome back after the summer break. Now we are back in the pool and training, our attention turns to our first competitive event of the year - the 2018 Club Championships.
This is our biggest event of the season with all our swimmers, coaches, officials and parents expected to be involved. It's important to attend because the "official" times recorded enable our swimmers to meet the entry standards for other meets through the season including the county, regional and national championships.
This year the club champs take place over four Saturdays and five sessions. Sessions #1 and #2 are being held on September 29th at JAGS Sports Club in Dulwich. Swimmers need to arrive in enough time to sign-in and change before warm-up starts at noon for #1 and 4.30pm for #2.
Sessions #3, #4 and #5 are early evening events (warm-up will start 5pm) at the Rainbow Leisure Centre in Epsom on October 6th, 20th and 27th. Again, arrive in time to sign-in, change and be ready to warm up.
Session #1 is the 'sprints' session with 25m events for age 8 and under, and 50m events for all our swimmers. Sessions #2, #3 and #4 are longer races (100/200/400m) for age 9 upwards. The final session #5 includes the long distance (800/1500 freestyle) races for age 11 upwards plus - new this year - the excitement of the relay races.
Some key points to bear in mind while entering:
- Age is how old the swimmer will be on December 31st 2018.
- The deadline for entries is midnight on Friday September 21st.
- It's good practice to consult your coach before entering events.
- Entries can be made via our WSC web site entry system or the OnDeck phone app.
- The cost is £5 per event which will be collected through the online billing system (please make sure you have a card registered to your account as no cash or cheques will be taken).
- Timings are provisional but we'll email if they change.
Finally, the club champs can't take place without volunteers to help it run smoothly. Those who have already trained as timekeepers should use it to help complete their log books but we need other parents to help too. Being poolside is a great chance to be close to the action and see how the meet is run. Ina is our co-ordinator - you can email her on email@example.com or contact me.
Any problems or questions, let me know.
Chris - firstname.lastname@example.org