CSC Club Championships 2018
CHESHAM SWIMMING CLUB CHAMPIONSHIPS 2018 - Level 4
** Important change to note - the warm-up for sessions 2 and 6 on the Saturday mornings will now start at 7am, not 6.30am as previously advertised. **
Fri 16th , Sat 17th , Sun 18th November 2018 (Licence Number: 4SE182566) and Fri 23rd , Sat 24th, Sun 25th November 2018 (Licence number: 4SE182567)
A non-refundable entry fee of £2.75 per event applies (one fee per team in the Family Relay). An additional £2.50 admin fee per swimmer (excluding parents in the Family Relay) covers administrative costs.
Wednesday 31st October at the latest. Late entries will NOT be accepted.
Full programme and conditions can be found below (see forms/documents section)
To register click on the Attend/Decline button or it might be Edit Commitment if you have previously viewed the page.
If you ARE NOT GOING:
- Click on the Member Names [they default to Not Committed]
- Then click on the Signup Record pull-down and select No
- If No, just click on the [Save Changes] button to save the changes
- If you have more than one child, repeat the same task as listed above
If you ARE GOING:
- Click on the Signup Record pull-down and select Yes
- Once yes is selected, you will see the events your child MAY be eligible to swim
- You will also see the best times inserted into the Entry Time field
- Check the Checkbox to the left of the name for those events you would like to swim
- If the event time you select is NT or old, please use the notes section to inform us of the event and time and we will update this centrally.
- Once you have finished, click on the Save Changes Button in the lower right
- Repeat the process for additional swimmers
- If you would like to enter the Family Relay, please use the notes section to inform us. It is important that you read the Conditions for the criteria for these relays.
Notes for swimmers in the Junior Squads:
The Championships are a chance for all members of the club to race against each other in their respective age groups. For new members this might seem really scary but it’s not!
How do you know what to enter? This question comes up a lot and the answer is enter what you feel you can race legally (ask your coach if you are unsure). Transition should be entering all 25 metre events if they are 8 and under, as well as 50’s in freestyle and backstroke. If you wish to enter butterfly, breaststroke or IM, please see Wendy for guidance. We don’t want swimmers entering events or strokes they cannot complete legally.
Academy, Technical Development and Junior Development should be entering everything they are old enough for and can legally race. Again, if you are unsure please speak with Wendy. All swimmers should be entering the 200m freestyle. Please don’t be afraid of entering longer distances, you all have proved more than capable of completing them in training.