CoStA Spring Open Level 3 Meet 10th March - Facilitated - Deadline 6th Jan
(this is a team hosted event)
THIS IS A FIRST COME FIRST SERVED MEET - DEADLINES - SWIMMERS 6th Jan - VOLUNTEERS/OFFICIALS - 4th Mar
This meet is aimed at all swimmers as this has a no faster than entry time, so probably not applicable to some of our top swimmers who will be too fast.
This meet is currently Facilitated,which means we are not expecting to have a coach present and therefore MUST have parents poolside. Please could volunteers and officials signup using the job signup button.
- This is a first come first served meet.
- Entries with ‘No Time’ are not permissible, we will therefore calculate times if needed based on historical times.
- We will confirm entries once we receive confirmation of events from the promoter after the promoters deadline date.
- Cost of the event will be £6.50 per event entered, no refunds will be provided after the entries have been submitted as per the promoters conditions, unless due to illness and a medical letter can be provided.
- Fees for this meet will be accrued as part of the quarterly Meet Fees and Refund Process Quarter Q1
- Withdrawals prior to the promoters date will not incur costs, however post this date refunds will not be made unless we receive a medical note.
- Once an entry has been accepted a competitor shall swim or give notice of withdrawal. Notice of withdrawals shall be reported to the recorders at least 50 minutes before the start of the session.
- Any swimmer not present when required to swim will incur a £10 penalty.
- Midnight 4 February 2019 (or when the Meet is full).
Venue: Westminster Lodge Leisure Centre, Holywell Hill, St Albans AL1 2DL
Points for swimmers
The Club has a reputation of being a well behaved, polite and supportive Club, can you please instill to your swimmer(s) the following;
- The Club expects all swimmers to be well behaved
- Please ensure you bring along NEW club t-shirts and wear them, club hats *2, goggles *2, costumes *2, shorts to keep warm and poolside shoes to keep feet warmer and save the calf muscles!
- Please ensure you wear Club attire and hats at all meets
- Don't forget to bring water with you too.
- Also bring snacks, as per the Club Handbook (last page or at Club Handbook) there are things you should bring, sweets are not on the list
- Please be polite, helpful, positive and support your team members
- Listen and do what our coaches and volunteers ask you to do
- Never leave poolside or the group without informing a volunteer or coach
- When you are asked to go to the marshaling area please ensure you take your hat & goggles
- If you are unsure, ask, there is never a wrong or silly question
- Prior to leaving at the end of the meet, ensure the area you have been sitting is clean and as they found it
- Finally the Club has a reputation for being the loudest and greatest singers, so please encourage your swimmers to have fun and swim as fast as they can, but more importantly, ENJOY THEMSELVES
Points for parents
- Please ensure you get your swimmer(s) to the pool on time
- Please ensure that you arrive in plenty of time to pick up your swimmer(s)
- If you are going to be late, please TEXT TBC and let them know
- Prior to the day if for whatever reason that you are unable to make it, please let Tara (email@example.com) or Steve know
- Please give plenty of encouragement and support to all our swimmers
- Some swimmers will be nervous and want to stay close, please ensure that all swimmers remain on poolside with the team/coach at all times