Hemel SC 8th Spring Development Meet - Deadline 9th April - Facilitated
(this is a team hosted event)
DEADLINES - SWIMMERS Monday 9th April 2018 - VOLUNTEERS/OFFICIALS 14th May 2018, THIS IS A FIRST COME FIRST SERVED MEET
This Meet is aimed at all swimmers and is a Short Course Meet. The meet has an entry requirement of "No Faster Than Times" and will also accept swimmers with No Times (NT), although we will try to calculate a time so that each swimmer is in a heat relevant to their times.
This is an ideal event for primarily our junior/mid range swimmers to compete and acquire a licensed time.
This Meet is currently Facilitated. This means that we MUST have parents poolside please, signup using the Job Signup button.
Due to the difficultly in getting enough parents to volunteer recently, if we do not get enough parents to step forward, we may withdraw the Club from the event.
This is a first come first served meet so we need to get our entries in by 10th April, this is a very popular meet.
Cost of the event will be £5.50 per event entered, no refunds will be provided after the deadline date unless due to illness and a medical letter can be provided.
Once an entry has been accepted a competitor shall swim or give notice of withdrawal either in person or via a designated representative. Notice of withdrawals shall be reported to the meet recorders at least 45 minutes before the start of each session. Any swimmer not present when required to swim will incur a £10 penalty. In the event of a competitor not paying the penalty, the club in whose name the competitor has entered the competition shall be responsible for payment.
Payments will be added to the quarterly Meet Fees & Refunds Process.
Promoters Deadline - 26th April.
Venue: Park Rd, Hemel Hempstead HP1 1JS
Points for swimmers
The Club has a reputation of being a well behaved, polite and supportive Club, can you please instill to your swimmer(s) the following;
- The Club expects all swimmers to be well behaved
- Please ensure you bring along NEW club t-shirts and wear them, club hats *2, goggles *2, costumes *2, shorts to keep warm and poolside shoes to keep feet warmer and save the calf muscles!
- Please ensure you wear Club attire and hats at all meets
- Don't forget to bring water with you too.
- Also bring snacks, as per the Club Handbook (last page or at Club Handbook) there are things you should bring, sweets are not on the list
- Please be polite, helpful, positive and support your team members
- Listen and do what our coaches and volunteers ask you to do
- Never leave poolside or the group without informing a volunteer or coach
- When you are asked to go to the marshaling area please ensure you take your hat & goggles
- If you are unsure, ask, there is never a wrong or silly question
- Prior to leaving at the end of the meet, ensure the area you have been sitting is clean and as they found it
- Finally the Club has a reputation for being the loudest and greatest singers, so please encourage your swimmers to have fun and swim as fast as they can, but more importantly, ENJOY THEMSELVES
Points for parents
- Please ensure you get your swimmer(s) to the pool on time
- Please ensure that you arrive in plenty of time to pick up your swimmer(s)
- If you are going to be late, please TEXT TBC and let them know
- Prior to the day if for whatever reason that you are unable to make it, please let Tara (email@example.com) or Steve know
- Please give plenty of encouragement and support to all our swimmers
- Some swimmers will be nervous and want to stay close, please ensure that all swimmers remain on poolside with the team/coach at all times
Officials: 11th Apr Sarah Jones & Clare Donohoe