Potters Bar County Qualis 19 - Sunday 1st Dec - Facilitated - Deadline 1st Oct
(this is a team hosted event)
THIS IS A FIRST COME FIRST SERVED MEET - DEADLINES - SWIMMERS 1st October - VOLUNTEERS/OFFICIALS 30th Nov -
This meet is aimed at swimmers requiring a County time or those wishing to give it a go at a licensed meet as there are no lower limits. Any times submitted with NT will be calculated based on other distances.
This meet is currently Facilitated, which means we will not have a coach present. Those swimmers who attend, we will be looking for parents to volunteer poolside to be able to attend this meet. Please could we have volunteers and officials signup for these using the Job Signup button.
- Age groups will be 9,10,11,12,13,14,15 and 16/Over. Age on 1st December 2018.
- There are no lower
qualifying times only upper qualifying times, however a valid
time must be submitted, we can proivide these from internal timings (we will calculate times for those with NT (No Times)
- If the number of entries received for the meet becomes untenable, the promoter reserves the right to limit the number of entries accepted. Any deletions / scratches made will be based on the first come first served basis
- We will confirm entries once we receive confirmation of events from the promoter after the promoters deadline date
- All swimmers should be supervised by their coaches’/team managers during warm up and whilst on poolside. Coaches and team managers are responsible for the behaviour of their swimmers at all times
- If we are unable to get enough volunteers to manage our swimmers, then the Club will have no option but to withdraw everyone and refunds will not be possible
- BSC reserves the right to withdraw swimmers form a sesison if there are not enough volunteers poolside, at no cost to the Club.
- The Club will fund 3 coaches passes for the day
- Cost of the event will be £6.50 per event
- Fees for this meet will be accrued as part of the quarterly Meet Fees and Refund Process Quarter Q4 - https://uk.teamunify.com/SubTabGeneric.jsp?team=erhbsc&_stabid_=153864
- Swimmers must withdraw from events that they no longer wish to swim.
- Each club will be provided with a schedule of their accepted entries. Withdrawal may be made on the day, or can be e-mailed in advance, but must be made [at least 45 minutes prior] to the start of the first event in each session.
- Refunds are not available for withdrawals after the accepted entries have been posted, other than for medical reasons.
- Refunds will be at the discretion of the promoter, if proof of illness or injury which renders the swimmer incapable of competing has been supplied within 7days of the closing of the meet, for example, a doctor’s letter.
- Midnight 1st November 2019
Venue: The Venue, Elstree Way, Borehamwood, Herts WD6 1JY
Points for swimmers
The Club has a reputation of being a well behaved, polite and supportive Club, can you please instill to your swimmer(s) the following;
- The Club expects all swimmers to be well behaved
- Please ensure you bring along NEW club t-shirts and wear them, club hats *2, goggles *2, costumes *2, shorts to keep warm and poolside shoes to keep feet warmer and save the calf muscles!
- Please ensure you wear Club attire and hats at all meets
- Don't forget to bring water with you too.
- Also bring snacks, as per the Club Handbook (last page or at Club Handbook) there are things you should bring, sweets are not on the list
- Please be polite, helpful, positive and support your team members
- Listen and do what our coaches and volunteers ask you to do
- Never leave poolside or the group without informing a volunteer or coach
- When you are asked to go to the marshaling area please ensure you take your hat & goggles
- If you are unsure, ask, there is never a wrong or silly question
- Prior to leaving at the end of the meet, ensure the area you have been sitting is clean and as they found it
- Finally the Club has a reputation for being the loudest and greatest singers, so please encourage your swimmers to have fun and swim as fast as they can, but more importantly, ENJOY THEMSELVES
Points for parents
- Please ensure you get your swimmer(s) to the pool on time
- If you are going to be late, please TEXT TBC and let them know
- If for whatever reason that you are unable to make it, please let Tara know (email@example.com) or Steve know.
- Please give plenty of encouragement and support to all our swimmers
- Some swimmers will be nervous and want to stay close, please ensure that all swimmers remain on poolside with the team/coach at all times
|Meet Schedule||Entry Times||