Luton Autumn Short Course Meet 26/27st Oct - Facilitated - Deadline 19th Aug
(this is a team hosted event)
DEADLINES - SWIMMERS 25th August - VOLUNTEERS/OFFICIALS - 19th Oct
This meet is aimed at all swimmers and this meet has a "no faster than" entry times required, times do not have to be from a licensed meet, we will calculate any NT times.
- This meet is currently Facilitated, which means we are not expecting to have a coach present and therefore MUST have parents poolside. The Club reserves the right to withdraw swimmers at no cost to the Club if we do not have enough poolside volunteers. Please could volunteers and officials signup using the job signup button, all volunteers must have DBS and ASA Cat 3 registration.
- The Promoter reserves the right to limit entries and the number of heats in any event to maintain a balanced programme. Entries for the Boys 1500m Freestyle and the Girls 800m Freestyle may be limited to a maximum of 24 and 40 respectively.
- Accepted and rejected entries will be posted on the Team Luton website within 2 weeks of the closing date.
- Cost of the event will be £6.50 per event entered and 800m/1500m at £15, no refunds will be provided after the entries have been submitted as per the promoters conditions, unless due to illness and a medical letter can be provided.
- Fees for this meet will be accrued as part of the quarterly Meet Fees and Refund Process Quarter Q4
- In the event that entries are rejected, fees will be refunded to the Club.
- notice of withdrawal on the day must be made at least 45 minutes prior to the start of the first event in each session.
- non attendance at a meet may also incur a fine by the promoter which will be added to your account.
- 12 noon Saturday 28 September 2019.
Venue: Inspire – Luton Sports Village, Luton LU2 8DD
Points for swimmers
The Club has a reputation of being a well behaved, polite and supportive Club, can you please instill to your swimmer(s) the following that MUST be followed;
- The Club expects all swimmers to be well behaved
- Please ensure you bring along NEW club t-shirts and wear them, club hats *2, goggles *2, costumes *2, shorts to keep warm and poolside shoes to keep feet warmer and save the calf muscles!
- Please ensure you wear Club attire and hats at all meets
- Don't forget to bring water with you too.
- Also bring snacks, as per the Club Handbook (last page or at Club Handbook) there are things you should bring, sweets are not on the list
- Please be polite, helpful, positive and support your team members
- Listen and do what our coaches and volunteers ask you to do
- Never leave poolside or the group without informing a volunteer or coach
- During the sessions all swimmers must stay with the group, most centres do not allow swimmers in the gallery area
- When you are asked to go to the marshaling area please ensure you take your hat & goggles
- If you are unsure, ask, there is never a wrong or silly question
- Prior to leaving at the end of the meet, ensure the area you have been sitting is clean and as they found it
- Finally the Club has a reputation for being the loudest and greatest singers, so please encourage your swimmers to have fun and swim as fast as they can, but more importantly, ENJOY THEMSELVES
Points for parents
- Please ensure you get your swimmer(s) to the pool on time
- Please ensure that you arrive in plenty of time to pick up your swimmer(s)
- If you are going to be late, please TEXT Geoff and let him know - 07731 315984
- If for whatever reason that you are unable to make it, please let Yvette (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Please give plenty of encouragement and support to all our swimmers
- Some swimmers will be nervous and want to stay close, please ensure that all swimmers remain on poolside with the team/coach at all times
Officials Submitted:- 21st Oct Annette Connell Session 1 & 2
|Meet Schedule||Entry Times||