Hoddesdon County Quali - 23/24th Nov - Facilitated - Deadline 24th Aug
(this is a team hosted event)
THIS IS A FIRST COME FIRST SERVED MEET - DEADLINES - SWIMMERS 25th Aug - VOLUNTEERS/OFFICIALS - 20th Nov
This meet is aimed primarily at swimmers requiring a County time or those wishing to give it a go, however there is no reason why any swimmer can't enter this meet.
This meet is currently Facilitated, which means we will not have a coach present. We therefore must have enough volunteers to support the meet and session, please sign up using the Job Signup button, including any officials.
If there are not enough volunteers poolside for a session, the Club reserves the right to withdraw all swimmers at no cost to the Club.
- This is a first come first served meet.
- We will confirm entries once we receive confirmation of events from the promoter after the promoters deadline date.
- Swimmers will be required to sign in for 400m free event only. Swimmers must sign in to confirm that they are swimming in this event prior to the start of warm up in Session 1. Failure to sign will result in the swimmer being removed from the event and their entry fee for that event being forfeited.
- No Times (NT) will not be accpeted, but we can enter times manually based on other times.
- Age as on 23rd November 2019.
- Age group for the 400 Free/400IM,
800 Free and 1500 Free will be 10 years and older on the day.
a. The 400 Freestyle will be limited to 4 heats for Males and 4 heats for Females, depending on the number of entries received.
b. The 800 Freestyle will be limited to 4 heats for both males and females combined. Entries will be evenly spread across gender by decision of the promoter.
c. The 1500 Freestyle will be limited to 3 heats for males and females combined. Entries will be evenly spread across gender by decision of the promoter.
d. There will be a reserve list of the EIGHT fastest swimmers for boys and girls should any swimmer pull out or not sign in on the day for the 400/800 and 1500 events.
- Entry fee for individual events is
a. 50, 100 and 200 events: £7.00 per event
b. 400 Free and 400 IM: £8 per event
c. 800 and 1500 Free £10 per event
- Once entries are accepted no refunds will be given.
- Fees for this meet will be accrued as part of the quarterly Meet Fees and Refund Process Quarter Q4
- Swimmers must sign in to confirm that they are swimming in this event prior to the start of warm up. Failure to sign in will result in the swimmer being removed from the event and their entry fee for that event being forfeited.
- Withdrawals prior to the promoters date will not incur costs, however post this date refunds will not be made unless we receive a medical note.
- Withdrawal sheets will be in the coaches’ packs. It is the coaches’ responsibility to withdraw swimmers from events no later than 45 minutes prior to start.
- Any swimmer not present when required to swim will incur a £10 penalty. In the event of a competitor not paying the penalty, the Club in whose name the competitor has entered the competition shall be responsible for payment.
- Midnight 23rd of October 2019 (or when the Meet is full).
Venue: Southbury Leisure Centre, 192 Southbury Rd, Enfield EN1 1YP
Points for swimmers
The Club has a reputation of being a well behaved, polite and supportive Club, can you please instill to your swimmer(s) the following;
- The Club expects all swimmers to be well behaved
- Please ensure you bring along NEW club t-shirts and wear them, club hats *2, goggles *2, costumes *2, shorts to keep warm and poolside shoes to keep feet warmer and save the calf muscles!
- Please ensure you wear Club attire and hats at all meets
- Don't forget to bring water with you too.
- Also bring snacks, as per the Club Handbook (last page or at Club Handbook) there are things you should bring, sweets are not on the list
- Please be polite, helpful, positive and support your team members
- Listen and do what our coaches and volunteers ask you to do
- Never leave poolside or the group without informing a volunteer or coach
- When you are asked to go to the marshaling area please ensure you take your hat & goggles
- If you are unsure, ask, there is never a wrong or silly question
- Prior to leaving at the end of the meet, ensure the area you have been sitting is clean and as they found it
- Finally the Club has a reputation for being the loudest and greatest singers, so please encourage your swimmers to have fun and swim as fast as they can, but more importantly, ENJOY THEMSELVES
Points for parents
- Please ensure you get your swimmer(s) to the pool on time
- If you are going to be late, please TEXT TBC and let them know - ??
- If for whatever reason that you are unable to make it, please let Geoff (firstname.lastname@example.org) or me know.
- Please give plenty of encouragement and support to all our swimmers
- Some swimmers will be nervous and want to stay close, please ensure that all swimmers remain on poolside with the team/coach at all times
Officials Submitted:- 28th Aug Mark Strakosch S1, 18th Nov Annette Connell S1 & 4
|Meet Schedule||Entry Times||