Herts Counties - 11th Jan to 26th Jan 2020
(this is a team hosted event)
Please find below details for the Herts Counties in January 2020. We will open up entry nearer the time.
Please note that for various reasons the venue is still The Venue, Elstree Way, Borehamwood, Hertfordshire WD6 1JY. You will also notice that Saturdays are a 14:00 start, hence the need for a mid week long distance races.
Herts do appreciate that this does cause a little complication, but after a lot of investigation and discussion, this is the best schedule that can be found considering the constraints.
Important Information - you will also see that along with a number of countries, counties and clubs, Herts are banning the use of technical suits for swimmers aged 12 and below. This is primarily due to the following key reasons;
1) The focus for young swimmers needs to be on skills, not using technical solutions to provide the addition 100ths of a second.
2) The suits do not have an major benefit for the shape of swimmers at that age.
3) These suits are very expensive and at this age swimming organisations are trying to provide a level playing field.
Please note that "technical suits" are in effect compression suits, which means they compress all the "lumps & bumps" of the human body to provide a streamlined outline.
Any swimmer of this age who competes at Counties in a suit, will be automatically disqualified.
Any queries please let Geoff or Alison know.
Points for swimmers
The Club has a reputation of being a well behaved, polite and supportive Club, can you please instill to your swimmer(s) the following that MUST be followed;
- The Club expects all swimmers to be well behaved
- Please ensure you bring along NEW club t-shirts and wear them, club hats *2, goggles *2, costumes *2, shorts to keep warm and poolside shoes to keep feet warmer and save the calf muscles!
- PLEASE MAKE SURE SWIMMERS HAVE WARM CLOTHES AND SHOES FOR THE POOL WHEN AT MARSHALLING
- Please ensure you wear Club attire and hats at all meets
- Don't forget to bring water with you too.
- Also bring snacks, as per the Club Handbook (last page or at Club Handbook) there are things you should bring, sweets are not on the list
- Please be polite, helpful, positive and support your team members
- Listen and do what our coaches and volunteers ask you to do
- Never leave poolside or the group without informing a volunteer or coach
- During the sessions all swimmers must stay with the group, most centres do not allow swimmers in the gallery area
- When you are asked to go to the marshaling area please ensure you take your hat & goggles
- If you are unsure, ask, there is never a wrong or silly question
- Prior to leaving at the end of the meet, ensure the area you have been sitting is clean and as they found it
- Finally the Club has a reputation for being the loudest and greatest singers, so please encourage your swimmers to have fun and swim as fast as they can, but more importantly, ENJOY THEMSELVES
Points for parents
- Please ensure you give early notice of your swimmer being unable to attend, changes to the team take a lot of admin on the day
- Please ensure you get your swimmer(s) to the pool on time
- Please ensure that you arrive in plenty of time to pick up your swimmer(s)
- If you are going to be late, please TEXT Geoff and let him know - 07731 315984
- If for whatever reason that you are unable to make it, please let Yvette (email@example.com).
- Please give plenty of encouragement and support to all our swimmers
- Some swimmers will be nervous and want to stay close, please ensure that all swimmers remain on poolside with the team/coach at all times
Officials - Session 1 Jo Sansom, Tara Bullock, S2, Jo Sansom Tara Bullock, S6 Mark Strakosch, S7 Mark S.