Wycombe SC L3 Meet - 22/24th Nov 19 - Facilitated - Deadline 30th Aug
(this is a team hosted event)
1st Sept Entry - DEADLINE FOR SWIMMERS is 30th August 2019 VOLUNTEERS/OFFICIALS - 18th Nov 2019
This meet is primarily aimed at the middle to top end swimmers looking to achieve times at a Short Course meet for Counties or Regionals.
Please note entries open on 1st Sept at 10:00, based on past experience, by lunchtime on the 1st the meet will be full.
- This meet is a Short Course meet and times are required and could be checked against Rankings, this means entry times must be from a licensed meet
- The cost of the Meet is £7.00 per event or £14 for 800m & 1500m events
- Fees for this meet will be accrued as part of the quarterly meet fees and refund process
- Entry times should be converted to Short Course.
- In the event of the Meet being oversubscribed, entries will be accepted on a ‘first come/first served’ basis.
Accepted Entries: Accepted Entries will be published no later than 3 November 2019.
Withdrawals: Where a refund is due to withdrawal and not part of the Promoter’s obligations (e.g. cancellation of meet, over subscription and scratches), all refunds will be subject to a £15 administration charge. After the meet closing date and up to the day before the gala, refunds can only be provided on receipt of proof of injury or illness through a doctor’s certificate or similar.
Facilitated Meet: This meet is currently Facilitated, which means we are not expecting to have a coach present and therefore MUST have parents poolside. The Club reserves the right to withdraw swimmers at no cost to the Club if we do not have enough poolside volunteers. Please could volunteers and officials signup using the job signup button, all volunteers must have DBS and ASA Cat 3 registration.
Promoters Deadline: midnight on 20 October 2019
VENUE: WYCOMBE LEISURE CENTRE, HIGH WYCOMBE, BUCKS, HP11 1UP Sat Nav: HP11 1TJ (Close to Junction 4 on M40
Points for swimmers
The Club has a reputation of being a well behaved, polite and supportive Club, can you please instill to your swimmer(s) the following;
- The Club expects all swimmers to be well behaved
- Please ensure you bring along NEW club t-shirts and wear them, club hats *2, goggles *2, costumes *2, shorts to keep warm and poolside shoes to keep feet warmer and save the calf muscles!
- Please ensure you wear Club attire and hats at all meets
- Don't forget to bring water with you too.
- Also bring snacks, as per the Club Handbook (last page or at Club Handbook) there are things you should bring, sweets are not on the list
- Please be polite, helpful, positive and support your team members
- Listen and do what our coaches and volunteers ask you to do
- Never leave poolside or the group without informing a volunteer or coach
- When you are asked to go to the marshaling area please ensure you take your hat & goggles
- If you are unsure, ask, there is never a wrong or silly question
- Prior to leaving at the end of the meet, ensure the area you have been sitting is clean and as they found it
- Finally the Club has a reputation for being the loudest and greatest singers, so please encourage your swimmers to have fun and swim as fast as they can, but more importantly, ENJOY THEMSELVES
Points for parents
- Please ensure you get your swimmer(s) to the pool on time
- Please ensure that you arrive in plenty of time to pick up your swimmer(s)
- If you are going to be late, please TEXT Steve and let him know 07967 385571
- Prior to the day if for whatever reason that you are unable to make it, please let Tara (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Steve know
- Please give plenty of encouragement and support to all our swimmers
- Some swimmers will be nervous and want to stay close, please ensure that all swimmers remain on poolside with the team/coach at all times