London Regional Youth Championships 2020
THE YOUTH CATEGORY AGE GROUPS ARE 15, 16 AND 17&OVER
NOT YET OPEN FOR ENTRY - ALL QUALIFIERS WILL BE NOTIFIED -
You can check if you have qualified by viewing your times against the Qualifying Times set out below but please note (a) no time conversion are permitted; (b) all times have to be achieved at meets Level 1, 2 or 3 meets; and (c) no first legs of relays can be used.
IMPORTANT NOTES - PLEASE READ:-
- A swimmer's age shall be determined as at MIDNIGHT on DECEMBER 31ST 2020.
- The closing deadline for all entries and full payment is TBC
- Qualifying entry times must have been achieved on or subsequent to TO BE CONFIRMED (i.e. in the 12 months immediately preceding the closing date for the Championships) and must have been achieved at meets licensed at Levels 1, 2 and/or 3. Masters times, registered with the Swim England Rankings database, which meet/exceed the published qualifying times and conditions, will also be accepted.
- For 2020, the previous “60 Day Exclusion” entry clause is now restricted to apply to swimmers entering Team Events ONLY. There is no longer any restriction preventing a swimmer from entering individual events at these Championships with their current Club regardless of when they may have moved, as long as they are a member of that Club at the closing deadline.
- ALL PS Athletes seeking to enter using times which meet/exceed the published PS consideration times and conditions, must do so using the manual Individual PS Entry Form (link below).
- As per the Meet Conditions, all of the PS Multi-Classification (MC) events shall be run during the first weekend of the meet (Saturday 4 th thru Monday 6 th May – Youths/Relays weekend) - TBC
- PS Athletes that achieve a heat time in an MC event during this meet which qualifies them for inclusion in the start list (finalists and reserves) for the Regional Final for their age-category shall be permitted to compete in this final ONLY WHERE THEIR ORIGINAL SUBMITTED ENTRY TIME MET ALL THE QUALIFYING CRITERIA FOR THAT EVENT/AGE-CATEGORY. In this circumstance, the PS Athlete will be able to claim both a PS medal and a Regional medal where their performance merits this.
- During these Championships, both 1500FR & 800FR long-distance events will be available to all competitors regardless of gender and shall be swum in a mixed format with awards being split by gender and age-group. Swimmers wishing to enter these events must have a qualifying time for the event being entered i.e. there is no equivalency/alternative option for qualifying.