Hemel Hempstead Birthday Open Meet
Hemel Hempstead 106th Birthday Open Meet
Sat 19th and Sun 20th October 2019
Saturday 19th Session 1 warm up 12.45pm
Saturday 19th Session 2 warm up approx 5pm.
Sunday 20th Session 3 warm up 12.45pm
Sunday 20th Session 4 warm up approx 5pm
Cost per event £5.50, plus a £5 admin fee.
Hemel Birthday Open Meet Oct 19th/20th 2019
Who should enter? ALL MEMBERS!!
· This is a fun, friendly and local competition, ideal for first time racers as well as more experienced swimmers – supported by a coach and poolside helpers all weekend
· We want the biggest possible team to enter so that every swimmer has lots of support and fun on the day
· All (non-Masters) training will be cancelled on Sunday 20th as we are expecting everyone to be at Hemel
How do I enter?
Please log in to your TeamUnify account this week;
- Select “Competitions”, “Online Meet Entry”
- Select “Hemel Hempstead Birthday Open Meet”.
Which events should we enter?
- Where confident, swimmers should generally be aiming to enter 200m events – these are an important test of skills, aerobic capacity and pacing
- Swimmers should enter as many events as they can and should not be concerned about overdoing it - learning to race when tired is a very important skill. Please note that every race you enter costs £5.50 and there is a £5 admin fee (the admin fee covers the cost of the TU admin and the coaches passes that we have to pay for so our coaches can be poolside)
- It is very important to practice racing all strokes – it is impossible to know at an early age which stroke any swimmer will end up specialising in
Specific Guidance – Academy Swimmers and new SD1 swimmers
- 100 individual medley, then;
- 50s Bk/Br/Fc, then;
- 50 Fly if confident
Specific Guidance – Regional, County and experienced SD squad swimmers
- 200IM, 100IM
- 200s Bk/Br/Fc, 200 Fly if already confident with 100 Fly
- 100s and 50s
Why Open Meets?
- Open Meets are a very important part of the development process for all swimmers. They give swimmers an opportunity to develop their competitive skills, but in a fun, supportive atmosphere that prepares young swimmers for future competitions
- Open Meets give swimmers an opportunity to record licensed times which can be used to enter other Open Meets as well as championships such as Counties and Regionals
- Swimmers also have a great chance to get more specific 1:1 coaching as coaches can watch each individual closely, and give specific feedback on how to learn for the next race
- Open Meets - Hemel Birthday Open Meet 2019 (2).docx
- HHSC Birthday Open Meet conditions_2019_final.docx
- HHSC Birthday Open 2019 clubs pack v3.docx