CANCELLED-Luton Level 1 Long Course 21/22nd March
(this is a team hosted event)
THIS IS A TIME BASED ENTRY MEET - DEADLINE FOR SWIMMERS is 8th Feb 2020
VOLUNTEERS/OFFICIALS - 19th Mar 2020
This meet is primarily aimed at the top end swimmers looking to achieve Regional Times or the requirement to attend a Level 1 meet, there are minimum entry times required. If the meet is over subscribed, the acceptance will be fastest to slowest times.
- This is a Level 1 Long Course meet
- The cost of the Meet is £7.50 per event entered with 800m & 1500m being £16 per event
- Fees for this meet will be accrued as part of the quarterly meet fees and refund process
- Entry times must have been achieved since 1 January 2019, be on the British Swimming Rankings and should be short course times; times converted using Sportsystems will be accepted. Entries must be equal to or faster than the published qualifying times
- All events will be seeded on submitted times, acceptance will be on the fastest times to slowest times submitted if over subscribed
Accepted Entries: will be published by the promoter as soon as possible after the closing date
Withdrawals: Any swimmer withdrawing prior to the meet entry closing will receive a full refund. After meet closing and up to the day before the gala, refunds can only be provided on receipt of proof of injury through a doctor’s certificate or similar. Failure to withdraw will incur a £10 fine.
Facilitated Meet: This meet is currently Facilitated, which means we are not expecting to have a coach present and therefore MUST have parents poolside. Please could volunteers and officials signup using the job signup button, all volunteers must have DBS and ASA Cat 3 registration. Failure to have enough volunteers poolside may result in the club withdrawing all swimmers at this session at no cost to the Club.
Promoters Deadline: Midday Saturday 23rd February 2020
VENUE: Inspire Luton Sports Village, Hitchin Road, Luton, LU2 8DD
Points for swimmers
The Club has a reputation of being a well behaved, polite and supportive Club, can you please instill to your swimmer(s) the following;
- The Club expects all swimmers to be well behaved
- Please ensure you bring along NEW club t-shirts and wear them, club hats *2, goggles *2, costumes *2, shorts to keep warm and poolside shoes to keep feet warmer and save the calf muscles!
- Please ensure you wear Club attire and hats at all meets
- Don't forget to bring water with you too.
- Also bring snacks, as per the Club Handbook (last page or at Club Handbook) there are things you should bring, sweets are not on the list
- Please be polite, helpful, positive and support your team members
- Listen and do what our coaches and volunteers ask you to do
- Never leave poolside or the group without informing a volunteer or coach
- When you are asked to go to the marshaling area please ensure you take your hat & goggles
- If you are unsure, ask, there is never a wrong or silly question
- Prior to leaving at the end of the meet, ensure the area you have been sitting is clean and as they found it
- Finally the Club has a reputation for being the loudest and greatest singers, so please encourage your swimmers to have fun and swim as fast as they can, but more importantly, ENJOY THEMSELVES
Points for parents
- Please ensure you get your swimmer(s) to the pool on time
- Please ensure you give early notice of your swimmer being unable to attend, withdrawals take a lot of admin on the day
- Please ensure that you arrive in plenty of time to pick up your swimmer(s)
- If you are going to be late, please TEXT Steve and let me know 07967 385571
- Prior to the day if for whatever reason that you are unable to make it, please let Alison (email@example.com) or Steve know
- Please give plenty of encouragement and support to all our swimmers
- Some swimmers will be nervous and want to stay close, please ensure that all swimmers remain on poolside with the team/coach at all times