Wycombe Long Course L1 Meet - 13-15th March 20 - Facilitated - Deadline 22nd Jan
(this is a team hosted event)
THIS IS A TIME BASED ENTRY MEET - DEADLINE FOR SWIMMERS is 22nd January 2020
VOLUNTEERS/OFFICIALS - 12th Mar 2020
This meet is primarily aimed at the top end swimmers looking to achieve Regional Times or the requirement to attend a Level 1 meet; t he meet is also scheduled to coincide with the opening of the Qualifying Window for the 2020 National Championships. There are minimum entry times required. If the meet is over subscribed, the acceptance will be fastest to slowest times.
- Entry times SHOULD BE either LONG COURSE TIMES or converted to LONG COURSE. Entry times to be achieved since 15th March 2019
- The cost of the Meet is £8.50 per event entered with 800m & 1500m being £16 per event
- Fees for this meet will be accrued as part of the quarterly meet fees and refund process for Q1 2020
- All events will be seeded on submitted times, acceptance will be on the fastest times to slowest times submitted if over subscribed
Accepted Entries: will be published by the promoter no later than 23rd February 2020
Withdrawals: Any swimmer withdrawing prior to the meet entry closing will receive a full refund. After meet closing and up to the day before the gala, refunds can only be provided on receipt of proof of injury through a doctor’s certificate or similar.
Facilitated Meet: This meet is currently Facilitated,which means we are not expecting to have a coach present and therefore MUST have parents poolside. Please could volunteers and officials signup using the job signup button, all volunteers must have DBS and ASA Cat 3 registration.
Promoters Deadline: Midnight 5th Feb 20
VENUE: WYCOMBE LEISURE CENTRE, HIGH WYCOMBE, BUCKS, HP11 1UP Sat Nav: HP11 1TJ (Close to Junction 4 on M40)
Points for swimmers
The Club has a reputation of being a well behaved, polite and supportive Club, can you please instill to your swimmer(s) the following;
- The Club expects all swimmers to be well behaved
- Please ensure you bring along NEW club t-shirts and wear them, club hats *2, goggles *2, costumes *2, shorts to keep warm and poolside shoes to keep feet warmer and save the calf muscles!
- Please ensure you wear Club attire and hats at all meets
- Don't forget to bring water with you too.
- Also bring snacks, as per the Club Handbook (last page or at Club Handbook) there are things you should bring, sweets are not on the list
- Please be polite, helpful, positive and support your team members
- Listen and do what our coaches and volunteers ask you to do
- Never leave poolside or the group without informing a volunteer or coach
- When you are asked to go to the marshaling area please ensure you take your hat & goggles
- If you are unsure, ask, there is never a wrong or silly question
- Prior to leaving at the end of the meet, ensure the area you have been sitting is clean and as they found it
- Finally the Club has a reputation for being the loudest and greatest singers, so please encourage your swimmers to have fun and swim as fast as they can, but more importantly, ENJOY THEMSELVES
Points for parents
- Please ensure you get your swimmer(s) to the pool on time
- Please ensure you give plenty of notice if you have to withdraw
- Please ensure that you arrive in plenty of time to pick up your swimmer(s)
- If you are going to be late, please TEXT TBC and let them know
- Prior to the day if for whatever reason that you are unable to make it, please let Tara (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Steve know
- Please give plenty of encouragement and support to all our swimmers
- Some swimmers will be nervous and want to stay close, please ensure that all swimmers remain on poolside with the team/coach at all times