Watford Regional Qualifier 7-8th March - Facilitated - Deadline 29th Dec
(this is a team hosted event)
THIS IS A FIRST COME FIRST SERVED MEET - DEADLINES - SWIMMERS 29th Dec 2019
VOLUNTEERS/OFFICIALS 5th Mar 2020
This meet is aimed at swimmers requiring a Regional time or those wishing to give it a go and have a time within the qualification "high and low" from a licensed meet.
This meet is currently Facilitated, which means we will not have a coach present and therefore we MUST have parents poolside. Please could we have volunteers and officials signup for these using the Job Signup button.
- Swimmers need to be 10 or over by 31st December 2020 to be able to compete in line with ASA rules (11 as at 31st December 2020 for 400 IM)
- If the number of entries received for the meet becomes untenable, the promoter reserves the right to limit the number of entries accepted. Any deletions / scratches made will be based on the first come first served basis.
- The promoter reserves the right to limit the 400m IM to 2 heats for Males and 2 heats for Females. There will be a reserve list of the EIGHT fastest swimmers for boys and for girls should any swimmer pull out or not turn up on the day.
- We will confirm entries once we receive confirmation of events from the promoter after the promoters deadline date.
- For an entry to be valid it must appear on British rankings, checks on times submitted will be made. If a time is found to be invalid for a swim, then it will be rejected and no refund will be given. “No Time” (NT) entries are not allowed
- Cost of the event will be £7.00 per event entered except the 400s and £9.00 for the 400m Freestyle and 400 IM
- Fees for this meet will be accrued as part of the quarterly Meet Fees and Refund Process Quarter Q1 2020
- Once an entry has been accepted a competitor shall swim or give notice of withdrawal.
- Notice of withdrawals from a club shall be reported to the recorders at least 45 minutes before the start of the session.
- Any swimmer not present when required to swim will incur a £10 penalty. In the event of a competitor not paying the penalty, the Club in whose name the competitor has entered the competition shall be responsible for payment.
- Withdrawals prior to the promoters date will not incur costs, however post this date refunds will not be made unless we receive a medical note.
- Midnight 9th February 2020
Venue: Watford - Woodside Leisure Centre Horseshoe Lane Garston WD25 7HH
Please see also documents at the bottom of this page
Points for swimmers
The Club has a reputation of being a well behaved, polite and supportive Club, can you please instill to your swimmer(s) the following that MUST be followed;
- The Club expects all swimmers to be well behaved
- Please ensure you bring along NEW club t-shirts and wear them, club hats *2, goggles *2, costumes *2, shorts to keep warm and poolside shoes to keep feet warmer and save the calf muscles!
- Please ensure you wear Club attire and hats at all meets
- Don't forget to bring water with you too.
- Also bring snacks, as per the Club Handbook (last page or at Club Handbook) there are things you should bring, sweets are not on the list
- Please be polite, helpful, positive and support your team members
- Listen and do what our coaches and volunteers ask you to do
- Never leave poolside or the group without informing a volunteer or coach
- During the sessions all swimmers must stay with the group, most centres do not allow swimmers in the gallery area
- When you are asked to go to the marshaling area please ensure you take your hat & goggles
- If you are unsure, ask, there is never a wrong or silly question
- Prior to leaving at the end of the meet, ensure the area you have been sitting is clean and as they found it
- Finally the Club has a reputation for being the loudest and greatest singers, so please encourage your swimmers to have fun and swim as fast as they can, but more importantly, ENJOY THEMSELVES
Points for parents
- Please ensure you get your swimmer(s) to the pool on time
- Please ensure that you arrive in plenty of time to pick up your swimmer(s)
- If you are going to be late, please TEXT TBC and let them know
- If for whatever reason that you are unable to make it, please let Geoff (email@example.com) or me know.
- Please give plenty of encouragement and support to all our swimmers
- Some swimmers will be nervous and want to stay close, please ensure that all swimmers remain on poolside with the team/coach at all times
|Meet Schedule||Entry Times||
Swimmers & Parents