At the Coaches Forum on 31 March, we agreed to run a Surrey County Age Group event during the Summer. Following the Governments decision for a relaxing of the lockdown rules from 17 May 2021, we are expecting that we will be able to run a limited face to face competition in July.
British Swimming have asked all regions to run a long course festival of swimming meet during the period 17 July to 8 August and both London and South East are running meets on 24/25 July so we can’t do so. We have therefore moved our meet forward to 10/11 July (awaiting final confirmation from SSP) so that it is outside this window. We have brought the closing forward as a result but only by one week. We therefore need all clubs to volunteer officials without regard for who is swimming.
The key features of the event are as follows:
- Each club will run the Surrey events short course in their own pool using the Level X conditions. There will be no 1500m or 800m events but there will be a 100 IM. A HyTek meet events file is available for this purpose (see below).
- The events must be run during a qualifying window that will commence on 19 April 2021 and finish on 30 June 2021. The closing date for entries will be 30 June 2021.
- There will be no qualifying times for 2021 but a Surrey Qualifying Standard has been issued below to allow swimmers to gauge their level of performance ahead of the publication of the 2022 Qualifying Times. Published results will be marked as meeting the qualifying standard where appropriate.
- Results should be entered into a HyTek Meet Entry file using either HyTek’s Team Manager, Team Unify or another compatible meet entry system.
- A club entry file must be submitted in the usual way to the Meet Administrator by the closing date.
- Intermediate entry files may be submitted during the qualifying period.
- We will publish the results on 1 July 2021.
- If we are permitted to hold a face to face meet on 10 and 11 July, we will invite the top 8 swimmers in each age group in each event to attend a finals weekend to be held at the Surrey Sports Park.
- We will operate a withdrawal process for this meet. Finalists must withdraw before 6 July if they do not wish to swim. Replacements will be drawn from the 4 alternates listed in the results.
- If we hold a face to face meet, we will issue a medal to the Top 3 swimmers in each age group in each event.