2021 Club Championships
Ladywood Leisure Centre, Monument Road, Birmingham, B16 8TR.
Welcome to our 2021 Club Championships information pack. This gala is for all Boldmere swimmers from novice to elite. The meet is Level 4 Licensed, allowing entry into County Championships. Please see below the Programme of Events, Terms & Conditions and the Entry Form.
Our Club Championships are always a fantastic event and ALL swimmers in the Club are encouraged to compete. This year they are taking place on Saturday 10th July and Sunday 11th July at Ladywood Leisure Centre, Monument Road, Birmingham B16 8TR.
Club Championships 21 – Entries, programme and other information
The Boldmere Club Championships are nearly upon us and we hope that you are looking forward to it as much as we are. It promises to be a very exciting event and it is fantastic that almost 150 swimmers have entered.
The meet is taking place on Saturday 10th July and Sunday 11th July at Ladywood Leisure Centre, Monument Road, Birmingham B16 8TR.
The list of entries can be found using the following link:-
-Please check the list applicable to your children
-If you wish to withdraw please email [email protected] before 12.00 midday on Thursday 8th July and you will receive a refund
-If your child has to self-isolate please email [email protected] to inform us and, again, you will receive a refund.
-If you wish to withdraw after the deadline please let us know through the same email address but you will not receive a refund
-Please DO NOT use any other email address or WhatsApp for messages about entries. If you do they may not be acted upon
Programme of Events
Please find attached the programme of events.
- You will note that there is a session at 12.00 each day. This is for our younger swimmers only. Swimmers who are only in other events should NOT arrive before 1.00pm
- The programme of events also has an estimated start time
- Some swimmers who are doing limited events will receive a separate email about timings, drop off and pick up.
- Unfortunately parents will not be allowed to spectate
- As with our recent Level X meets we are hoping to live stream the event through the Club’s private Facebook page. If you’re not a member search for it and ask to join
- Our programme may run early but we will not start any event more than 15 minutes before the estimated start time on the programme of events. This should help you to know when to join the live link for specific events
- There will also be a link to live results
Organisation of the Day
- Please do not arrive any earlier than the arrival time on the programme of events. There will be someone on the door to sign swimmers in and out
- Swimmers will be allocated a space in the spectators’ area or around the teaching pool and will be expected to stay in that area unless competing. If swimmers would prefer to sit together as a family please let us know.
- Swimmers will need to be socially distanced and wearing a face mask at all times (unless are aged 11 and under or have an exemption) Please let us know in advance if your child has an exemption
- Attached is a leaflet with advice and guidance about kit, food and drink and listening to officials / volunteers
Covid Safety Procedures
The risks associated with Covid-19 are still high and the safety of everyone involved with our Club remains our primary concern. We will continue to follow government, Swim England and pool operator guidance. Our Covid safety procedures for this event are the same as usual and we would like to remind you of the key points:-
- All swimmers will need to arrive ‘pool ready’ and leave directly from poolside without getting changed.
- All swimmers, coaches, volunteers and parents should wear face coverings and socially distance during drop off / pick up and when queuing. (The wearing of face coverings does NOT apply to children aged 11 and under or those with a medical exemption)
- We would also ask that swimmers, coaches and volunteers continue to socially distance and wear their face coverings until they are on poolside and whilst on poolside when not competing.
- Swimmers should also socially distance and wear face coverings when leaving the pool at the end of a session.
This is an exciting event in which the fastest 8 qualifiers from the 100m IM compete against each other in a series of 50m races. The slowest swimmer(s) drop out after each race until there is a final between the two remaining swimmers.
There will be skins races for the fastest 8 boys aged 14 and under and for the fastest 8 girls aged 14 and under from the 100m IM at the end of the morning session of Day 1. The same will happen for swimmers aged 15 and over on Day 2.
Given that the government has decided to delay the further easing of Covid restrictions until at least 19th July we will continue to use our current Covid safety procedures at the Club Championships and will liaise with Ladywood Leisure centre about how the meet will work.