Herts Counties - ?? Jan to ?? Jan 2020
(this is a team hosted event)
Please find below details for the Herts Counties in January 2021. We will open up entry nearer the time, but for now we have loaded the known qualification times so that swimmers have an idea what they need to achieve.
What we know so far - 13th Spet 21
Qualifying & Consideration Times - the QT's & CT's will remain UNCHANGED from 2020
Qualifying Dates - The qualifying period will be 1st January 2020 - 12th December 2021
For 2022 there will be NO Age Group Finals. We will only be running Championship finals
We will run a 5 tier entry system
T1 Swimmers achieving a Qualifying Time through Rankings
T2 Swimmers achieving a Consideration Time through Rankings
T3 Swimmers achieving a Qualifying Time through Level X Rankings
T4 Swimmers achieving a Consideration Time through Level X Rankings
T5 Invitation to swimmer who competed at 2020 Championships but have not qualified through T1-T4 above
ALL of the above are subject to the athlete limits that apply to the events
Spectators - at present we are looking to have NO SPECTATORS at next year’s competition to allow us to use all the available space for athletes/coaches and officials.
We will of course be Live streaming the event.
Please note that for various reasons the venue is still we believe The Venue, Elstree Way, Borehamwood, Hertfordshire WD6 1JY.
Please note that "technical suits" are in effect compression suits, which means they compress all the "lumps & bumps" of the human body to provide a streamlined outline.
Any swimmer of this age who competes at Counties in a suit, will be automatically disqualified.
Any queries please let Michelle or Steve know.
Points for swimmers
The Club has a reputation of being a well behaved, polite and supportive Club, can you please instill to your swimmer(s) the following that MUST be followed;
- The Club expects all swimmers to be well behaved
- Please ensure you bring along NEW club t-shirts and wear them, club hats *2, goggles *2, costumes *2, shorts to keep warm and poolside shoes to keep feet warmer and save the calf muscles!
- PLEASE MAKE SURE SWIMMERS HAVE WARM CLOTHES AND SHOES FOR THE POOL WHEN AT MARSHALLING
- Please ensure you wear Club attire and hats at all meets
- Don't forget to bring water with you too.
- Also bring snacks, as per the Club Handbook (last page or at Club Handbook) there are things you should bring, sweets are not on the list
- Please be polite, helpful, positive and support your team members
- Listen and do what our coaches and volunteers ask you to do
- Never leave poolside or the group without informing a volunteer or coach
- During the sessions all swimmers must stay with the group, most centres do not allow swimmers in the gallery area
- When you are asked to go to the marshaling area please ensure you take your hat & goggles
- If you are unsure, ask, there is never a wrong or silly question
- Prior to leaving at the end of the meet, ensure the area you have been sitting is clean and as they found it
- Finally the Club has a reputation for being the loudest and greatest singers, so please encourage your swimmers to have fun and swim as fast as they can, but more importantly, ENJOY THEMSELVES
Points for parents
- Please ensure you give early notice of your swimmer being unable to attend, changes to the team take a lot of admin on the day
- Please ensure you get your swimmer(s) to the pool on time
- Please ensure that you arrive in plenty of time to pick up your swimmer(s)
- If you are going to be late, please TEXT ??? and let him know - ???
- If for whatever reason that you are unable to make it, please let John (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Please give plenty of encouragement and support to all our swimmers
- Some swimmers will be nervous and want to stay close, please ensure that all swimmers remain on poolside with the team/coach at all times