Club Championships 2019 - Session 2
FOR SWIMMERS IN BLUE, BRONZE, WHITE, SILVER, CLUB, PERFORMANCE 3, 2 & 1
Apologies again for the cancellation of Session 1 of Club Champs. Tony and Di have been working hard on finding a new date for this gala and I will let you know as soon as this new date is confirmed. In the meantime, our Club Champs continue with Session 2, tomorrow evening, Monday 30th September. Please note that all squad training in the main pool at the Spa will be cancelled on Monday evening.
Races on the night will be:
- 50 Fly
- 50 Back
- 400 IM
The programme can be found here. Please note, that aswell as being blue, we are now going green, and therefore, won't be selling programmes on the door!
- Sign in takes place between 5.15-6pm on the night and will be located near the entrance to the changing rooms. Swimmers must sign in for each event that they have entered. There may be a queue on the night, so please be patient and please be aware that the Spa will remain open to other members at this time.
- Warm up will begin at 6pm and Session 2 will begin with the girls. Swimmers are reminded that they are NOT allowed on poolside until 6pm and until a coach is present.
- The gala will start at 6.30pm promptly.
- Please do not bring nut products poolside as some of our swimmers have nut allergies.
- When the referee blows his/her whistle at the beginning of a heat being swum, it is EXTREMELY IMPORTANT that everyone on poolside and up in the gallery remains silent to enable the swimmers on the blocks to hear the commands from the referee.
- Please ensure that your children (swimmers and non-swimmers) are supervised at all times when up in the gallery.
- Please ensure that when your swimmers come up to the gallery, they are wearing something on their feet and are not dripping wet.
- Please also ensure that you take all litter with you.
We are still short of the required number of qualified officials for tomorrow evening, so a huge call out to any officials who may be able to help, to get in contact with David. All officials now need to be J1 in training or above with timekeeping signed off. If anyone is inrerested in becoming one of our licensed officials, please email David.
Thank you to all our volunteers who are helping out tomorrow evening. However, we still require more help. The roles are easy and fun, and allow you to be poolside, closer to the action. If you can help out, Hannee would love to hear from you. Thank you!
Finally, a message of Good Luck to all our swimmers. I hope you enjoy the evening, and spectators: we want to hear you cheering!