Club Championships 2019 - Session 3
Our 2019 Club Championships continue on Monday evening, 14th October, with Session 3. Please note that all squad training in the main pool at the Spa will be cancelled on Monday evening.
Races on the night will be:
- 100 Back
- 100 Free
- 200 Breaststroke
The programme can be found here. Please note, we will not be selling programmes on the door, so please download the programme to your phone! Officials and Volunteers: please also note that we will not be handing out plastic bottles with water, so please bring your own water bottles which we will gladly fill for you.
- Sign-in takes place between 5.15-6pm on the night and will be located near the entrance to the changing rooms. Swimmers must sign in for each event that they have entered. There may be a queue on the night, so please be patient and please be aware that the Spa will remain open to other members at this time.
- Warm-Up will begin at 6pm and Session 3 will begin with the boys. Swimmers are reminded that they are NOT allowed on poolside until 6pm and only then when a coach is present.
- The gala will start at 6.30pm promptly.
- Please do not bring nut products poolside as some of our swimmers have nut allergies.
- When the referee blows his/her whistle at the beginning of the heat being swum, it is EXTREMELY IMPORTANT that everyone on poolside and up in the gallery remains silent to enable the swimmers on the blocks to hear the commands from the referee.
- Please ensure that your children (swimmers and non-swimmers) are supervised at all times when up in the gallery.
- Please ensure that when your swimmers come up to the gallery, they are wearing something on their feet and are not dripping wet.
- Please ensure that you take all litter home with you.
Thank you to all officials who have volunteered their services to David. If you are J1 in training or above, with timekeeping signed off, and haven't yet volunteered your help, I am sure that David would love to hear from you, so please do get in touch with him. If anyone is interested in becoming one of our licensed officials, please email David.
Thank you to all our volunteers who are helping out on Monday evening. I know Hannee has emailed you separately with your specific roles. We are always in need of more volunteers and with four sessions still to go, Hannee would love to hear from you if you are able to offer your help. The roles are easy and fun, and allow you to be poolside, closer to the action.
Good Luck to all our swimmers! I hope you enjoy the evening and spectators: please cheer loudly!