Level X InformationLevel X Racing – Accepted Entries!
Over the last few weeks it has been fantastic to see our swimmers and water polo players back in the pool, enjoying themselves, putting huge amounts of effort into their training and doing so well. We would like to thank all members of TeamBoldmere for their support in making this happen.
We are looking forward to welcoming back our Masters and other over 18 swimmers / water polo players from Monday 17th May. It will be great to see them back and we will be in touch about this soon.
Finally we hope you enjoy some non-swimming time with your family over the Bank Holiday.
Spring into Action
Fantastic News!! We can get back in the water from Monday 12th April.
We are delighted to let you know that, in line with government guidance, swimming and water polo will start up again from Monday 12th April. We hope you are as excited as we are about this return to the pool
Marc, Gary and the coaching teams are really looking forward to seeing everyone. They can’t wait to start training together and reconnecting with you after this long period of lockdown. They do recognise, however, that getting back in the water may feel a bit strange and some of you will be a little anxious or nervous. But don’t worry – this is normal and more than anything else we want you to enjoy swimming and playing water polo again.
And there is lots to look forward to… Once we’ve been back training for a few weeks there will be the chance to race and compete. Everyone will be encouraged to take part in Level X Racing. Some of our younger swimmers will be asked to compete in the (virtual) Junior League. And hopefully, possibly (if guidelines allow) a gala before the summer holidays!!
The session timetable for swimming and water polo will be the one we had shared with you over Christmas and which was due to start in January. This can be viewed here.
- In swimming there were some squad moves / trials / bridging sessions due to start in January. These will now begin from 12th April and will be confirmed with individual swimmers over the next couple of weeks.
- Sadly swimmers aged 18 or over will have to wait a little longer before they return and so the Masters sessions will not start again just yet. (People who were 17 on 31st August 2020 and have turned 18 since CAN take part in sessions from 12th April)
- If you wish to change any of your sessions or have any other queries about the timetable please email [email protected]
Covid Safety Procedures
The risks associated with Covid-19 are still high and the safety of everyone involved with our Club remains our primary concern. We will continue to follow government, Swim England and pool operator guidance and we expect an update on 5th April. Our Covid safety procedures remain the same and we would like to remind you of the key points:-
- Changing rooms will not be open so all swimmers and players will need to arrive ‘pool ready’ and leave directly from the poolside without getting changed.
- All swimmers, water polo players, coaches, volunteers and parents should wear face coverings and socially distance during drop off / pick up and when queuing. (The wearing of face coverings does NOT apply to children aged 11 and under or those with a medical exemption)
- We would also ask that swimmers / players continue to socially distance and wear their face coverings until they are on poolside, whilst on poolside and getting changed ready to swim. They should also socially distance and put their face coverings on again when they are getting changed at the end of a session.
- Swimmers and players should also socially distance and wear face coverings when leaving the pool at the end of a session.
Outdoor Land Training
Just to remind you that we have a programme of outdoor land training planned for the week beginning 5th April and you have already received details of this. Marc and his coaching team are excited about this as it will get squads back together before returning to the pool and will give coaches the opportunity to reengage with swimmers. ,
It doesn’t matter if you haven’t taken part in the zoom sessions or if you’re a bit nervous about coming to this. We all just want to see everyone back together again.
Membership Fees & Charges
Please find attached a letter from the Committee about the charges that will be in place once we return to the pool.
We will be in regular communication over the next couple of weeks with any further information and so we ask that you check your emails and WhatsApp messages on a regular basis.
Finally we would like to thank everyone associated with TeamBoldmere (swimmers, water polo players, coaches, teachers, volunteers, parents/carers and members) for their continued support and we look forward to seeing you all back at the pool in the very near future.
Swim England Charges Policy March 2021
- ️⭐ 1/12/2020 Return to the pool update
- ️⭐ 1/12/2020 Health Survey December 2020
- ️⭐ 1/12/2020 Swim England Return to Training Declaration
- Covid-19: A quick guide for parents and their families
- Boldmere Covid Policy and Procedures
- Swimming Water Polo - Covid 19 Risk Assessment
The 250 Club …. WANTS YOU!The 250 Club exists solely to raise funds to support club activities.
It is a lottery where you pay £2.50 per month and each month there is a draw and two £50 prizes are awarded. In December an additional £250 prize is drawn.
We are looking for 50 more members before Christmas - can you help here? Please download the details and complete the membership form and return to [email protected], the 250 club lottery coordinator.
Membership form and Rules can be downloaded from here
This year is going to be very tough for Boldmere swimming and water polo club if you are able please help by being a 250 Club member.
The Boldmere Swimming and Water Polo Club Duck RaceResults and pictures can be found here
Click HERE to see the pullbuoy challenge video
Welcome to Boldmere Swimming Club Website
|Boldmere SC is one of the longest established swimming clubs in the Midlands, with the largest number of active members of any sports club in the UK's second city. Currently we have over 500 members attending 17 sessions at 8 venues, with more than 150 regularly taking part in competitive swimming and water polo events.|
The club was formed in the 19th century by a group of enthusiasts who swam regularly in the pools of Sutton Park (on the north eastern edge of the Birmingham conurbation) taking its name from the nearby village of Boldmere which today is one of several residential areas that make up the historic Royal Town of Sutton Coldfield.
Boldmere SC is currently one of the most successful competitive sports clubs in the Midlands, reaching the finals of the Arena National Swimming League in every year since 2009 - where its swimmers have competed successfully against other leading English swimming clubs and their Team GB swimming stars.
Tweets by @swimboldmere
Gym Membership Offer for Boldmere Swimming Club Members
Unique 1 Gym (1 Reddicap Trading Estate, B75 7BU Sutton Coldfield)
- 12-18yrs - half price gym membership (£15/month) (12–16yrs cannot use the weights section but can use all cardio and HIT training and core equipment).
- 18yrs+ - reduced rate gym membership (£22.50/month) Volunteers*: - reduced rate membership (£22.50/month)
- reduced rate membership (£22.50/month)
*Membership will be verified on joining
Swim Therapy Filming / Stroke Analysis Opportunity for Boldmere Swimming Club Members
Boldmere Swimming Club have a special arrangement with Swim Therapy to offer filming / swim stroke analysis opportunities to our competitive swimmers for a minimum of 1 session per season.
The sessions will enable the swimmer to observe what they are doing in the water & bring the filming back to implement corrective / developmental drills within their program (in communication with their head coach).
Timing this in pre to early season is ideal, so before or during the training phase over the first cycle (August to December).
These sessions will be at a specially arranged reduced rate (payment to be made at the Swim Therapy Head Office on the day of your session)
*Reduced rate* 90 minute 2 stroke session: £95-£110 (normal price: £165-00)**
*Reduced rate* 60-minute 1 stroke session: £70-£85 (normal price: £130-00)
To book your place contact the Swim Therapy Head Office on 01162325833.
** Please note those swimmers with 4 strokes to film will require 2 x 90 minute sessions
For more information on Swim Therapy visit www.swimtherapy.co.uk