- Covid-19: A quick guide for parents and their families
- Boldmere Covid Policy and Procedures
- Swimming Water Polo - Covid 19 Risk Assessment
The Boldmere Swimming and Water Polo Club Duck RaceWith the start of our new swimming timetable running from September 7th through until January only just shared, it has become necessary to postpone the Duck Race a few weeks. We are now swimming on Saturday afternoons (and the first Saturday afternoon swimming is the 12th September)
· The new date for the Duck Race will be Saturday October 3rd 2020.
· New time now 2.00 pm but the same place along the Plantsbrook just off Ebrook Road (near Town School).
Fundraising will be very important this year as swim group numbers will be smaller and the club will not be making profits from its regular open swim meetings. The recent crowdfunding was fantastic (thank you to everyone who supported this) and we raised nearly £16,000, an unbelievable amount, with a large donation from Sport England: Active Together.
Can you further help in one of two ways –
1. Can you help sell 10 Ducks for the duck race? Attached are details and a grid for recording 10 duck sales (ducks cost £2.00 each) – you sell the ducks, fill in the names and details and return to: email@example.com as soon as possible (we will email back your duck numbers) and before the duck race we will email all with a full list of ducks entered and their numbers. Full details are on the attachment – Can we sell another 500 ducks? (another £1000) … please help if you are able
2. Help with our on line auction – we are going to hold an auction probably via ZOOM, later this year and we need 40 items (at least) for the auction. Already we have rounds of golf for a group of 4, we have swimming memorabilia, we have 5 hours of maths tuition, we want more and different items – can you offer something that others may want? In a previous auction I sold a giant Yucca plant for over £50.00, we had a meal for 4 at a local restaurant, we offered a weekend away in a holiday cottage (we also had a dining table and chairs….) can you offer something for this auction (which is likely to be in November – so something for Christmas?). email firstname.lastname@example.org with what you can offer as we need to put together a brochure before the event and share this with all those who are interested. Our target is to raise £2000 through this auction. …. we need your help please.
APPOINTMENT OF MARC FOSTER AS HEAD COACH
We are delighted to have recently appointed Marc Foster as the new Head Coach for
Boldmere Swimming & Water Polo Club. Marc joins us from Ellesmere Titans and has
previously worked at the Royal Wolverhampton School, where he coached their Learn To
Swim (LTS) and Performance Squads. During his time with both clubs, they were able to
secure multiple national finalists and medallists.
Marc is an experienced coach – he has led many of the Swim England Development Camps
and been Head Coach for a number of international events. He has been involved with
swimming all his life, competing until the age of 20 and coaching either as a volunteer or
professionally from 2003. Throughout his career, Marc has inspired and developed many
athletes to achieve beyond their expectations. Whilst he does not have any direct Water
Polo experience, we will work with him to develop his skills in this sport.
Boldmere is often referred by Swim England as the sleeping giant of the West Midlands. The
sentiment here is that while we are the largest Swimming Club in the region, and we do well
on a regional scale, we can perform a lot better when competing against other regions.
Marc is joining us at an exciting time – and with a mission to awaken this sleeping giant. His
main focus will be to build a strong teaching and coaching team, supported by the
committee and our team of enthusiastic volunteers. He is also committed to ensuring every
swimmer is able to enjoy the sport and can achieve success at their respective level.
As a club we are seeking to develop and grow “Team Boldmere”- by building strength and
depth across all squads, engaging with all swimmers to enhance skill level, and making
everyone feel an integral part of our swimming community.
We appreciate that this vision may take a little while to achieve; and while we strive to
always do what is best for our swimmers and the club, we need your support and assistance
to get there.
Boldmere Swimming and Water Polo Club
Click HERE to see the pullbuoy challenge video
Boldmere Swimming Club is pleased to announce Nova Express Ltd. has become the new Staff Shirt Sponsor
The agreement will see the logistics and storage company logo feature on the arm of the new Black & Red Poolside Staff shirts. Sponsorship has commenced with immediate effect with 60 Staff Shirts ordered, printed and distributed.
Patrick Holly, Boldmere head of Marketing said: "We would like to thank John Richardson MD from Nova Express for his continual support and positivity in getting the Shirt deal over the line, it?s great to see a local business supporting our fantastic Club"
Welcome to Boldmere Swimming Club Website
|Boldmere SC is one of the longest established swimming clubs in the Midlands, with the largest number of active members of any sports club in the UK's second city. Currently we have over 500 members attending 17 sessions at 8 venues, with more than 150 regularly taking part in competitive swimming and water polo events.|
The club was formed in the 19th century by a group of enthusiasts who swam regularly in the pools of Sutton Park (on the north eastern edge of the Birmingham conurbation) taking its name from the nearby village of Boldmere which today is one of several residential areas that make up the historic Royal Town of Sutton Coldfield.
Boldmere SC is currently one of the most successful competitive sports clubs in the Midlands, reaching the finals of the Arena National Swimming League in every year since 2009 - where its swimmers have competed successfully against other leading English swimming clubs and their Team GB swimming stars.
Tweets by @swimboldmere
Gym Membership Offer for Boldmere Swimming Club Members
Unique 1 Gym (1 Reddicap Trading Estate, B75 7BU Sutton Coldfield)
- 12-18yrs - half price gym membership (£15/month) (12–16yrs cannot use the weights section but can use all cardio and HIT training and core equipment).
- 18yrs+ - reduced rate gym membership (£22.50/month) Volunteers*: - reduced rate membership (£22.50/month)
- reduced rate membership (£22.50/month)
*Membership will be verified on joining
Swim Therapy Filming / Stroke Analysis Opportunity for Boldmere Swimming Club Members
Boldmere Swimming Club have a special arrangement with Swim Therapy to offer filming / swim stroke analysis opportunities to our competitive swimmers for a minimum of 1 session per season.
The sessions will enable the swimmer to observe what they are doing in the water & bring the filming back to implement corrective / developmental drills within their program (in communication with their head coach).
Timing this in pre to early season is ideal, so before or during the training phase over the first cycle (August to December).
These sessions will be at a specially arranged reduced rate (payment to be made at the Swim Therapy Head Office on the day of your session)
*Reduced rate* 90 minute 2 stroke session: £95-£110 (normal price: £165-00)**
*Reduced rate* 60-minute 1 stroke session: £70-£85 (normal price: £130-00)
To book your place contact the Swim Therapy Head Office on 01162325833.
** Please note those swimmers with 4 strokes to film will require 2 x 90 minute sessions
For more information on Swim Therapy visit www.swimtherapy.co.uk