Open for Returning Members
01/08/21 - 31/08/22
Open for New Members
01/08/21 - 31/08/22
Welcome to the Reading Swimming Club Electronic Registration platform for our upcoming swim season! The process is simple for both new and returning members. You'll get access to your own private account that will enable you easily declare for swim meets, sign-up for jobs, see your children's swim times histories, maintain your own contact information, and more.
We look forward to having you join the Reading Swimming Club and are excited for another great season!
URGENT we are desperately in need of volunteer support for our committee. RSC is a not for profit club run solely by volunteers for our swimmers. We have a number of critical vacancies which is placing an intolerable burden on the existing volunteers. Without sufficient parent support the club will struggle to function. We are therefore asking that all parents contribute the equivalent to a couple of hours a month volunteering. We have many different ways in which this can be done, whether it's taking on a committee role, providing a couple of hours admin support a month, or helping at galas. Once you have completed the registration process please contact the membership secretary to discuss how you can support RSC and help us recover after what has been a very difficult time.
Registering as member of Reading Swim Club
Congratulations on your invitation to RSC. We are delighted you wish to join our club. As a Swim England Swim 21 accredited club, RSC strive to promote a program to inspire the love for the sport of swimming, to provide an environment of motivation and enthusiasm, challenges and rewards at all levels - delivered by an organisation which is mindful of its contribution and dedication to the overall development of all its members.
The process of registering is simple and should not take very long.
How to complete the on-line registration process
Reading uses a platform called TeamUnify, a Swim Club Management system used extensively in America, and increasingly in the UK. TeamUnify holds all the information on our swimmers and helps us to administer the club.
The On-line Registration Forms:
1. If you already have a log-in, please select your existing account to add the additional swimmer, if not please select the new user option.
2. Under Billing Information, the name should be the parent, swimmer or person that is responsible for paying the membership charges, you will add the swimmer(s) later in the process.
3. Please enter as many details as possible, and ensure you complete all fields requested.
4. Under 'Member Selection' you must click to add a swimmer to your account. Under the Medical information, please enter any important details that you or your child’s coach (or another person taking care of your child) needs to know, such as allergies, medicines and any other information you think the club and coaches should be aware of.
5. Photographic Consent to read and agree. On viewing the Photography Policy please go back in your browser to return to your registration form, do not close the pdf or you will close out of the website and lose the information.
6 Parent and Swimmer Code of Conduct to read and agree.
7. Swim England Data Protection Notice to read and agree
8. Charges for membership and Swim England registration will be quantified (if applicable) together with our bank details. You will have to go through the checkout process to complete the registration - but note:
You will need to arrange the transfer of the required amount separately as there is no current payment facility through Team Unify. Please make a note of our bank details (shown on final page).
9. When you have saved your registration, our admin team will receive a message to alert us that you are “pending”. We will then allocate the swimmers to their squads and set up the invoicing structure. You will then receive an email to confirm this, and details on how to gain access to your account – so that you can see and keep up-to-date all contact details and medical information, refer to your swim times, enter galas (meets), and check your account balance.
On Deck App
Once you have done this, you will also be able to access the Parent Apps on your phone. To do this – go to the App store and search under TeamUnify, for the "On-Deck Parent" App. When you have downloaded the App you can log in using the same username (email address) and password. You also need to enter the Team Alias, which is reczzrsc.
Reading is run by volunteers, and therefore there may be times that we do not immediately get back to you but we will always try to respond quickly. If you have any queries in any way you can always contact us for advice using the emails provided on the webiste or in the bi-monthly newsletter.
We welcome all offers of help to run our club,and new volunteers are always made very welcome. There are many volunteering roles so whatever your skills, interests and availability there will be a role for you at Reading. Examples of our volunteer roles include officials, committee members, admin support, fundraising, team manager, helping at home meets be it selling programs, providing catering or selling raffle tickets - there really is a role for all. Whether you wish to get involved “poolside” – perhaps with looking after the team at galas or training to be an official - or whether you can help us with fundraising or admin, or in any other way, then we would love to hear from you.
We have a Club to be proud of thanks to the volunteers who help run the Club. Our Head Coach, Lee Mallinson has an incredible passion and drive to see Reading Swimming Club grow into an even more successful club so when you feel able to give us some of your free time, please do so. Your help and support will be much appreciated, If you would like to become involved in our volunteer team please contact our Club Secretary on [email protected] We would love to hear from you!
We wish you every success with Reading, may you enjoy your time with us.
From Reading Swim Club Coaches and Committee members.