2019 - Register as a Member of W&DSC for 2019
Open for Returning Members
31/12/18 - 18/04/19
Open for New Members
01/01/19 - 30/11/19
Welcome to Witney & District Swimming Club’s Electronic Registration platform for 2019.
We hope you find the process of registering straightforward. It shouldn't take very long and we are here to help if you need it. There is some important information here, so we do ask that you take time to read everything and share with your swimmer (s).
As well as joining Witney & District Swimming Club (W&DSC), you are signing up to register as a member of our governing body, SwimEngland (formerly the ASA). This is necessary for insurance purposes and entry to meets and galas. If you move clubs, you can take your SwimEngland membership with you. Further details are here
How to complete the on-line registration
W&DSC uses TeamUnify, which is a Swim Club Management system used extensively in America, and increasingly in the UK. TeamUnify holds all the information on our members and helps us to administer the club.
To get started you need to click on the Continue or Check Status button at the bottom of this page. You will first be asked to set up your Account details - or if already a member you can edit them - and then add or confirm your Member details and complete the on-line registration forms & consents.
Please read these notes first:
- Account Holder/LOG IN EMAIL: This should belong to the parent, or person, who is responsible for paying the charges, and who will be accessing the account & checking their emails most frequently. We will communicate with you mostly via email - so it's very important that the log-in email address is always kept up-to-date. As part of the registration waivers process you will be asked to provide confirmation that we can contact you via e-mail. If you are NOT content to be contacted by e-mail, it will affect your ability to join our Club and you will not be able to complete your on-line registration. Please contact our membership Secretary if you do not wish to receive emails.
- ACCOUNT HOLDER: Only the Account Holder will be sent Log-in details. In other words, it is not possible for both parents to have separate log-ins to the account. This is to prevent accidental overwriting of data or unauthorised changes being made. However, it is possible for copies of most emails to be sent to a second person (see below).
- E-MAIL ADDRESSES: The Log-in email address should always be an adult, as outlined above. It may be a good idea, however, for a second parent/guardian, to receive copies of most emails sent out, for example regarding training changes, or events. If you wish copies of emails to go to up to 3 additional email addresses then please enter these in the spaces for Email 1,2, or 3. Email addresses for swimmers aged over 16 only can be entered in one of the account email boxes, and also in their member account ("Athlete Email"). By adding their e-mails on Teamunify you are providing consent for us to contact them by e-mail. No emails will be sent to swimmers in our training squads without being copied to the Log-in email address.
- MEMBERS: When you have set up the ACCOUNT, you will be invited to add or amend details for MEMBERS – please ensure that you add the ADULT MEMBER plus the SWIMMER MEMBER as we require ALL members to complete the various consents/waivers that you need to agree, either for yourself and/or on behalf of your swimmer. You will be directed to this area – just follow the prompts. You will then be directed to Click on ‘Register to this Group’ to see the drop down list of Squads that are available for swimmers (with explanations for each squad). If you are a parent of a swimmer, you will select either Free Associate Member or Paid Associate Member. If you are unsure, please contact the Membership Secretary.
- ADULT MEMBERS: If you are setting up or adding an adult member (eg Master Swimmer, Parent, Volunteer) then there are some fields, and some consents (e.g. photography) that may not be applicable to you. Some of these fields are optional, but you will need to agree to all the consents in order to progress through the registration, even if they do not seem relevant. Please let us know if you have any questions or problems with this.
- MEDICAL INFO: Please enter any important medical information that a coach (or another responsible person) needs to know, such as allergies, medicines and any other information. Please also verbally communicate this important information to the coaches.
- SWIMENGLAND INFO: Some of the questions ask for information required or requested by our governing body, SwimEngland, in order to assist them to learn more about our membership and apply for grant finance etc. Answers to these questions are generally optional (but please let us know if you need explanations of anything).
- PLEASE IGNORE.....: There is no need to enter SMS data, as we cannot use this in the UK yet. .
- CONFIRMATION: You will receive an email to confirm registration plus details on how to log in to your account and access the OnDeck App on your phone or tablet using the same username (email address) and password. If you are new to the club you will be sent details on fees for ASA membership and squad fees by our Membership Secretary. The App is a very useful tool for conveying urgent message - please enable "Push notifications" (which we promise to use responsibly - in the event of emergencies only, such as pool closures.)
W&DSC administrators are all volunteers, and therefore there may be times that we do not immediately get back to you. But we will always try to respond quickly, and if you are worried in any way you can always contact us for advice. If we have not responded within 48 hours please do remind us - as we may have been busy and missed your email.
Please refer to the ASA Fees for 2019 for details of ASA fees and categories.
Please don't hesitate to contact us if you have any queries.
W&DSC Admin Team