16 May 2018
Wycombe’s Junior International swimmer Millie Sansome recently competed for England at the World School Games, held in Morocco. The Gymnasiade School Summer Games 2018 consists of 18 sports over 3-7 days of competing.
Millie achieved a Bronze Medal in the final of the 200 Free. The opportunity to represent England School was a great experience in order to develop more international racing experience and will hopefully prepare her further for the benchmark summer meets coming up.
The full English Schools Press Report is copied in
A very successful
event from a swimming point of view; the team were a good balance
in ability and overall gelled well together over the period of the
games. Head Coach Tim Hartley said "It was a pleasure
to be able to work with the swimmers over the games and to have a
great team staff around to help as well made the event an even
better experience for all".
In total 22 medals, the largest number from any nation and 51 finalists (all these are listed below). A great number of PB’s and season best swims were produced.
Day One :
Lizzy Harris Gold 400 Free 4.15.35, great start to a great meet for Lizzy, Sam Osbourne Silver 400 Free 3.57.51 outstanding swim dropping 2 seconds from heat to final, Tegan Drew Silver 50 Back 29.78 the first of 3 medals for Tegan over the meet, Lizzy Harris Silver 100 Free 57.08 the second of the day, Sophie Yendell Bronze 50 Fly 27.42 another good start to a great meet, Womens 4x100 Free Bronze 3.52.91 and Mens Silver 3.29.43 to finish the session off in style.
Matthew George Silver 200 Back 2.04.46, Marcus Dey Bronze 200 Back 2.04.84 giving a fantastic start to the finals session the first of the double medal events, Sophie Hobbah Silver 200 Back 2.15.40, Caitlin Hubbard Bronze 200 Back 2.16.19 giving us the second in the next event, Rachel Taylor Bronze 50 Breast 32.44 improving heat to final to succeed in a tight finish, Caitlin Hubbard Bronze 100 Fly 1.02.74 picking up her second of the session, Rebecca Clynes Silver 400 I.M. 4.57.71 a really strong swim in her second final of the day, Sophie Yendell Bronze 50 Free 26.25 picking up her second sprint medal of the games, Womens 4x100 Medley Bronze 4.15.71 ending yet another good session for the team.
Lizzy Harris Gold 200 Free 2.01.27 yet another great swim, Millie Sansome Bronze 200 Free 2.04.88 in a hard-fought race with a great result, Caitlin Hubbard Silver 200 Fly 2.16.82 third of the meet for Caitlin, Tegan Drew Silver 100 Back 1.03.83 improved all the way through the meet and still one to go, Ben Harrison Bronze 200 I.M. 2.08.42 2.5 second improvement from the heat, Mixed 4x100 Free Team 3.39.75 a great finish to a great meet.
the meet (as selected by the coaches.)
Girl: Lizzy Harris
Boy: Sam Osbourne
Both set an
excellent example to the rest of the team in their approach to the
meet and doing everything they could to make sure their
performances were top notch.
From the start to finish the team worked hard on focusing on the event, taking all in hand and preparing for the meet. As can be seen from the medal and finalists list we put up a very good show with 95% improving heat to final, some very tough swimming against good teams from around the world.
Thanks to all the swimmers and staff for the work they put in to the event showing the ESSA in a very good light.
26. Women, 200m Freestyle Open HARRIS, Elisabeth Farnell 00 2:01.27
1. Women, 400m Freestyle Open HARRIS, Elisabeth Farnell 00 4:15.35
2. Men, 400m Freestyle Open OSBORNE, Samuel Jonathan 01 3:57.51
13. Men, 200m Backstroke Open GEORGE, Matthew 00 2:04.46
12. Men, 4 x 100m Freestyle Open ENG 1 3:29.43 (SD,MG,HB,MR)
7. Women, 100m Freestyle Open HARRIS, Elisabeth Farnell 00 57.08
3. Women, 50m Backstroke Open DREW, Tegan 00 29.78
32. Women, 100m Backstroke Open DREW, Tegan 00 1:03.83
14. Women, 200m Backstroke Open HOBBAH, Sophie 01 2:15.40
30. Women, 200m Butterfly Open HUBBARD, Caitlin Elizabeth 01 2:16.82
20. Women, 400m Medley Open CLYNES, Rebecca Charlotte 02 4:57.71
35. Mixed, 4 x 100m Freestyle Open ENG 1 3:39.75 (MR,EH,GD,HB)
13. Men, 200m Backstroke Open DEY, Marcus 01 2:04.84
33. Men, 200m Medley Open HARRISON, Ben 00 2:08.42
22. Women, 50m Freestyle Open YENDELL, Sophie 02 26.25
26. Women, 200m Freestyle Open SANSOME, Emilia Kate 01 2:04.88
14. Women, 200m Backstroke Open HUBBARD, Caitlin Elizabeth
01 2:16.19 16. Women, 50m Breaststroke Open TAYLOR, Rachel Niamh 00 32.44
9. Women, 50m Butterfly Open YENDELL, Sophie 02 27.42
18. Women, 100m Butterfly Open HUBBARD, Caitlin Elizabeth 01 1:02.74
11. Women, 4 x 100m Freestyle Open ENG 1 3:52.91 (EH,SY,SH,GD)
24. Women, 4 x 100m Medley Open ENG 1 4:15.71 (TD,RT,AJ,EH)
Finalists (4th – 8th)
Mens 4x100 Medley (MG,CS,BHo,MR)
Mixed 4x100 Medley (TD,CS,BHo,SY)