03 May 2021
Less than a week to go now before Level X and preparations are well underway. Many thanks to those of you who have been in touch to amend entries. This process is now closed.
Apologies for the length of this letter but please read it carefully as it contains important information to help the day run smoothly for everyone involved.
Programme of events
There are 2 sessions for each squad. There will be a 15 minute warm-up at the beginning of each session. The programme of events is as follows:-
Session 1 (Saturday 8th May 1.30 to 3.45 for Performance Gold and Link; Saturday 8th May 3.45 to 6.00 for Performance Silver and Bronze; Sunday 9thMay 3.45 to 6.00 for Competitive Gold, Silver and Bronze)
Event 1: 50m Freestyle
Event 2: 100m Breaststroke
Event 3: 50m Butterfly
Event 4: 100m Freestyle
Session 2 (Sunday 9th May 1.30 to 3.45 for Performance Silver and Bronze; Saturday 15th May 1.30 to 3.45 for Competitive Gold, Silver and Bronze; Saturday 15th May for Performance Gold and Link)
Event 5: 50m Backstroke
Event 6: 100m Butterfly
Event 7: 50m Breaststroke
Event 8: 100m Backstroke
Event 9: 100m IM
Organisation of the Day
· When your child is taking part in the first session of a day they should line up outside Beeches Pool at 1.30pm, the same way they do at Wyndley. They should wear face masks (unless exempt) and socially distance.
· When your child is taking part in the second session of the day they should do the same but at 3.45pm.
· Squads will be allocated an area to go on poolside and swimmers must remain in this area unless competing.
· There will be a one-way system in place inside the venue.
· Swimmers will be expected to wear masks and socially distance unless racing or preparing to race.
· There will be a small number of organisers and Covid Officers around to ensure that swimmers know what to do, when to do it and where to go.
· If a swimmer finishes early because they are not doing all events they will be allowed to leave as long as they are collected from the front entrance by a parent.
Advice for Swimmers (including equipment and food)
Swimmers will need to bring the following:-
· Costume, swimming hat and goggles (no other equipment is required unless you wish to bring a kick board for the warm-up).
· Towel, T/Polo shirt, shorts, tracksuit
· Flip flops / trainers / deck shoes
· At least 1 litre of water or weak squash (NOT fizzy pop)
· Snacks: e.g. bananas / energy bars (NOT sweets or chocolate)
Other useful advice:-
· Keep drinking – by the time you are thirsty you are already dehydrated.
· Leave valuables at home. We cannot be responsible for lost property.
· Listen to the announcer and the marshals / Covid Officers – they will tell you what to do.
· Be fair to all other swimmers – be quiet when the referee blows their whistle to start the race.
Covid Safety Procedures
The risks associated with Covid-19 are still high and the safety of everyone involved with our Club remains our primary concern. We will continue to follow government, Swim England and pool operator guidance. Our Covid safety procedures for this event are the same as usual and we would like to remind you of the key points:-
· All swimmers will need to arrive ‘pool ready’ and leave directly from poolside without getting changed. You will not be able to change costumes between warm-up and racing.
· All swimmers, coaches, volunteers and parents should wear face coverings and socially distance during drop off / pick up and when queuing.(The wearing of face coverings does NOT apply to children aged 11 and under or those with a medical exemption)
· We would also ask that swimmers, coaches and volunteers continue to socially distance and wear their face coverings until they are on poolside and whilst on poolside when not competing.
· Swimmers should also socially distance and wear face coverings when leaving the pool at the end of a session.
We hope you are as excited as we are about the chance to race and compete again. We will continue to be in touch before the racing begins……!
Yours in Swimming
The Boldmere Level X Racing team