04 January 2022
Its the start of the Cornwall County Events and it begins with the long distance events on Saturday 8th January 2022 for 800m and Saturday 22nd January 2022 for the 1500m.
Congratulations to all the swimmers who have achieved county qualifying times in these events. In 2022 we have the most qualifiers we have ever had in long distance, 24 for 800m and 15 for 1500m. We are looking forward to #teamcaradon making lots of noise and support for all our swimmers. Jason will be coaching poolside and Team Manager for both events is Helen Daniel.
Unfortunately, there are no spectators. All parents must sign in their swimmers with contact numbers with the Team Manager and again on collection.
Can all swimmers please ensure they have done a lateral flow test prior to the event with a negative result.
Location:- Penzance Leisure Centre, St Clare, Penzance, TR18 3QW
Warm up: - 10.30am
Racing Commences:- 11am
Please ensure all swimmers:-
- Arrive promptly and be ready for poolside briefing from Jason.
- Swimmers should be in full club kit for arrival.
- Bring a number of towels in order to stay dry between warm up and races.
- Bring suitable clothing to keep warm in between races, the warmer their muscles are before racing the better they will function.
- Carry out pre and post pool warm up/warm downs.
- Race in a Caradon swimming hat.
- Have suitable quantities of fluids and food with them for the day, as remaining hydrated is important.
- We have a swimmer on both days with a severe nut allergy - please ensure there are no peanuts within any packed lunches - in any form, thank you
- Items are named, or initialed, in order that items can be returned to their rightful owners in the event of things being misplaced.
- Please note that swimmers will be released by Jason or a Team Manager after they have finished racing.
- We look forward to a great days of racing with all the swimmers.