09 June 2017
Dear A & Youth Squad Members
Stanground have changed their practice to extend their learn to swim time for their own academy programme. This has had a direct impact on COPS training time and practise. At the same time, Youth squad attendance at Whittlesey has been poor and I have heard numerous reasons why that session hasn't been suitable for the squad.
With the impending demand of change of pool time from Stanground being fairly immediate, we have taken the steps to change the squad training practice on Tuesday and Wednesday for A and Youth Squads.
The training time-table will change as of Tuesday 20th June 2017 and the following changes will be a permanent fixture.
A Squad will train 6.00-8.00pm at Whittlesey Manor Leisure Centre
Youth Squad will train at 7.30-9.00pm at Stanground Academy Pool
There will be no training for A Squad
I hope you agree this will bring the following benefits to both squads:
- Youth squad will have less distance to travel for training on Tuesday
- Youth squad will now have more time to do home-work or other curricular activities before going to training on Tuesday
- A Squad will now receive a mid-week nigh off as opposed to a Tuesday night off. This will impact the R&R side of practice in a much more positive manner
- I will be taking Tuesday AM sessions now as opposed to Wednesday AM, which will lead to Youth squad swimmers being coached by myself once per week and enable me to observe development in this squad much clearer
- A squad will be allowed to do pre-pool deck practice with med-balls and kit at Whittlesey, in which we couldn't at Stanground
I appreciate that changes are not easy for every one in terms of moving weekly time-tables around, but i genuinely believe that this is the best practice for both squads and in the long run will lead to real positive benefits for our members
City of Peterborough Swimming Club
"I CAN - I WILL - I DID"