13 March 2018
Good Luck to our 22 swimmers competing at the CCASA Intermediate Gala with 107 swims, on Saturday 17th March in Penzance and Sunday 18th March in Bodmin. We are looking forward to a successful weekend of racing. Jason will be coaching poolside and the Caradon Team Managers are Clive Shute on Saturday and Teresa Clowes on Sunday.
Please ensure all swimmers:-
- Arrive promptly and be ready for poolside briefings from Jason at 10am on each day of racing. Swimmers should be in full club kit for arrival.
- Warm ups commence at 10.30am
- Bring a number of towels in order to stay dry between warm up and races.
- Bring suitable clothing to keep warm in between races, the warmer their muscles are before racing the better they will function.
- Race in a 'new' Caradon swimming hat.
- Have suitable quantites of fluids and food with them for the day, as remaining hydrated is important.
- Please note we have a swimmer with a severe nut allergy competing this weekend so please take extra care when packing food and refrain from food items with nuts in them, thank you.
- Items are named, or initialled, in order that items can be returned to their rightful owners in the event of things being misplaced.
- Please note that swimmers will be released by Jason or a Team Manager after they have finished racing.
We look forward to a great day of racing with all the swimmers.
** The schedule of racing is devised using estimated swim times provided by a system called 'hytek'. It is for guidance only, so we apologise if this means there maybe some waiting around or delays. The start times on both dates for session 1 and session 4/5 are accurate **
Saturday 17th March - Penzance
Session 1 Arrival 10am, Warm up 10.30am, Start time 11.35am
Event 1 Girls 200m Freestyle
Event 2 Boys 200m Freestyle
Event 3 Girls 100m Breast stroke
Event 4 Boys 100m Breast stroke
Session 2 Arrival 12.30pm, Warm up 1.00pm, Start time 1.25pm (all approx)
Event 5 Girls 200m IM
Event 6 Boys 200m IM
Event 7 Girls 100m Butterfly
Event 8 Boys 100m Butterfly
Session 3 Arrival 2.15pm, Warm up 2.45pm, Start time 3.30pm (all approx)
Event 9 Girls 200m Backstroke
Event 10 Boys 200m Backstroke
Event 11 Girls 50m Freestyle
Event 12 Boys 50m Freestyle
Event 13 Girls 50m Breast stroke
Event 14 Boys 50m Breast stroke
Sunday 18th March - Bodmin
Session 4 and 5 Arrival 10am, Warm up 10.30am, Start time 11.35am
Event 15 Girls 200m Butterfly
Event 16 Boys 200m Butterfly
Event 17 Girls 100m Freestyle
Event 18 Boys 100m Backstroke
Event 19 Girls 200m Breast stroke
Event 20 Boys 200m Breast stroke
Event 21 Girls 100m Backstroke
Event 22 Boys 100m Freestyle
Session 6 Arrival 1.00pm, Warm up 1.30pm, Start time 2.20pm (all approx)
Event 23 Girls 100 IM
Event 24 Boys 100m IM
Event 25 Girls 50m Backstroke
Event 26 Boys 50m Backstroke
Event 27 Girls 50m Butterfly
Event 28 Boys 50m Butterfly