15 January 2019
NEW YEAR...NEW YEAR'S RESOLUTIONS?
Could you spare a little of your time in 2019 to join our team of volunteers and help make Boldmere the best club in the West Midlands?
Just 20 minutes of your time a week will make a huge difference to our 500+ members - from our Learn to Swim groups through to our water polo and competitive swimming sections.
We are looking for volunteers to help with:
- Kit orders (liaising with Swimzi to keep orders on track)
- Hat orders (placing monthly orders with the printers)
- coordinating our pool bookings (keep in touch with the pools and let them know about changes to normal sessions; find extra pool time for our swimmers etc)
- negotiating pool hire
- developing our relationship with Serco
- Assist our Treasurer with her workload (help with any of the following: planning & forecasting; data analysis; monthly / quarterly management accounts; cashflow monitoring; authorise payments and invoices; monthly payroll processing)
- Team Unify Support (be part of an admin team supporting our membership / payments / data system)
- Design (for club documents, website, programmes for open meets etc)
- Training (coordinating training courses for teachers, coaches and volunteers)
- Communications - internal (eg could you write a monthly newsletter to keep members informed?)
- Communications - external (eg could you write articles for the Sutton Observers and raise the profile of Boldmere SC?)
- Twitter - we are looking for someone to take over the twitter feed
- Health & safety and risk assessments
- Grant applications and fundraising
- If you would like a more substantial role, we have vacancies on the committee and new members are always welcome
If you think you could help with anything on the list above, or if you have ideas of your own about how you could get involved, please get in touch with our Workforce and Volunteers Coordinator, Natalie (email@example.com), or another member of the committee and we will arrange to have chat. Any amount of help - small or large - is welcome and very much appreciated!