NEW Silver Star Lead Coach
04 April 2019
Silver Star Lead Coach
We are pleased to announce that Jacob Dunning has been appointed lead coach of Silver Star Group.
Jacob has been a member of Poole Swimming Club for nine years after being taught to swim by our very own Maralyn at Broadstone Leisure Centre. Over the last three years Jacob has achieved a brilliant amount of success and praise for his voluntary teaching and working alongside coaches in almost all of the clubs squads. These include:
- Winning Poole Swimming Club Young Volunteer of the Year 2018
- Completion and passing of the Swimming Teacher Association Level 2 Assistant Swimming Teacher qualification
- Completion and passing of the Swimming Teacher Association Level 2 Full Swimming Teacher qualification
- Completion and passing of the Swim England Level 1 Support Coach qualification
- Completion and passing of the Safeguarding and Protecting Young Children
- Pool Safety Rescue Award
Jacobs dedication led him to being recognised by Individuality Learn to Swim School where he is teaching alongside studying Sport. Jacob a conscientious member of the PSC team has a strong knowledge of developing the FUNdamental competitive skills involved in our sport which will be passed on to the swimmers. His planning and reflection has also been to a high standard with the squad so far.
Under the nurturing of Maralyn and Emma, we now place some challenges on Jacob becoming used to working in a team, organising teachers to follow his plans, communicating with parents and athletes and co-ordinating competition experiences for his squad.
Outside of swimming, Jacob has competed in multi sports including athletics, running and football, supporting a team that may start to actually win some trophies again soon - Liverpool FC. (We won't judge here).
Showing a good rapport with swimmers, we know Jacob is going to be a hit and we look forward to the squad benefitting from his knowledge and enthusiasm.
So join us in welcoming Jacob to the team.
Barry on behalf of the coaching team.