20 July 2019
We are again at an all-time low with volunteer Officials at our club – This is a vital role in maintaining the running of our club. It would be great to get some new CMK trainees as officials from all squads from Academy to Elite.
A new J1 Part 1 Training Course has been scheduled by the County.
If you are interested– have a read below and see the sign-up link below.
If you would like to talk through this, please get in touch and we can give you more details.
J1 Part 1: Sat 14th Sept at 10am at Bicester LC: https://www.swim-meet.com/Availability/?m=213
Benefits of being an official:
- All swim clubs are
run by volunteers and a Swim Official is a key volunteer role.
- CMK would be unable to run our own home meets which are a vital source of income for the club
- Swimmers times would not be ratified for ASA rankings
- Poolside view of your swimmer without having to pay entry fees
- Free refreshments throughout the day
Frequently, reserved free parking spaces at venues
For every swim meet we need a minimum of twenty officials to ensure we meet Swim England licensing regulations. Come and give it a go, and see if being an Official is for you.
The requirements to become a qualified Level 1 official are:
- J1 Part 1 Training course which is a 2 hour theory session
- Timekeeper assessment at a meet
- J1 Part 2 Training course which is a 2 hour theory session
- Practical poolside experience (typically 8 to 10 sessions required to gain correct levels of practical experience)
Look forward to hearing from you
CMKSC Officials Co-ordinator