20 October 2018
Please be aware this may affect those attending training at Simon Balle on Monday 22nd October:
Thames Water are carrying out some essential sewer repairs in Mangrove Road. They will be digging a large within the vicinity of the school ‘IN’ gate in order to carry out the work which will start on Saturday 20th October and is due to be completed by Wednesday 24th October (weather permitting).
At the same time BT will be installing a new box and cabling outside the school and digging up the road between our entrance and exit gates. This is going to lead to disruption entering and leaving the school site.
In order to ensure the safety of our site users please note the following –
- The exit from the car park will be closed
- All traffic will enter and exit from the current ‘IN’ gate
- There will be no left turn up Mangrove Road
- There will be no temporary traffic light to help with traffic flow
- Pedestrians will NOT be allowed to use the ‘IN’ gate – all pedestrians will use the path next to the 6th form building
- The gate will be manned by staff to direct pedestrians and traffic
As a result of the above we would encourage you to not to drive to school next week in order to keep traffic disruption to a minimum. Where possible use the ‘park and stride’ next to the fire station using the 6th form path on site. Fortunately we should only be affected for three days but the timing of these works is not ideal and we will be raising this with Hertfordshire County Council.
Thank you for your
co-operation in advance.