19 March 2020
18/03/2020: GUIDELINES WITH IMMEDIATE EFFECT
The club continues to monitor the Coronavirus situation are continuing to follow Government and Swim England advice carefully. At this stage training will continue as normal but with following exceptions:
1) No Pre/Post pool
2) Do not arrive at the training facility until 10 minutes prior to your session start time (this does not mean poolside)
3) Shower with shampoo prior to and after swimming
4) Change and leave the facility promptly
5) No spectators poolside during sessions (we have contact details of all parents online in case of emergency)
6) Gym sessions will be cancelled with immediate effect
We would like to remind all members:
Please follow the latest Government advice relating to the spread of Covid-19 at all times - you can read it here
If self-isolation applies to you or your family then do NOT attend training.
- wash your hands with soap and water often – do this for at least 20 seconds
- always wash your hands when you get to training and when you get home
- cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or your sleeve (not your hands) when you cough or sneeze
- put used tissues in the bin straight away and wash your hands afterwards
- touch your eyes, nose or mouth if your hands are not clean
- attend training if you are unwell, have a fever and/or cough
- spray pool water from your mouth
- attend training if you are in self-isolation
Chronic Conditions / Asthma
Athletes are reminded that optimal control of chronic medical conditions such as asthma are paramount to prevent secondary complications of Coronavirus infection (or any viral illness). Please speak to your doctor if you feel that your long term condition is not under control and ensure you always have a good supply of medications.
Please continue to monitor Team Feed, social media and the website regularly for updates to training and further information. Last minute changes to programme are possible.
Thank you for your continued support.
City of Cambridge Swimming Club