24 April 2021
Level X Racing is here……………………………………..!
It’s brilliant to be back in the pool and fantastic that our swimmers are enjoying themselves and doing so well.
And now, at last, they will have the chance to compete and take part in Level X Racing – an exciting event in which our swimmers can practice their skills and post times in a fun, Club-based and safe environment.
- The first opportunity to compete will take place over 3 afternoons, Saturday 8th May, Sunday 9th May and Saturday 15th May, at Beeches Pool. This is a 25m pool with starting blocks that we used regularly before lockdown and which has the space to allow us to run the event safely. These first sessions will focus on 50m and 100m events and there will be other opportunities to take part in longer events over the coming weeks.
- Each afternoon will be divided into 2 sessions that will be organised according to squads and each squad will have 2 sessions over the 3 days. This allows us to follow Covid safety procedures and means swimmers are not on poolside for more than a couple of hours at a time. The sessions are as follows:-
Saturday 8th May
-1.30pm till 3.45pm: Performance Gold and Performance Link
-3.45pm till 6pm: Performance Silver and Performance Bronze
Sunday 9th May
-1.30pm till 3.45pm: Performance Silver and Performance Bronze
-3.45pm till 6pm: Competitive Gold, Competitive Silver and Competitive Bronze
Saturday 15th May
-1.30pm till 3.45pm: Competitive Gold, Competitive Silver and Competitive Bronze
-3.45pm till 6pm: Performance Gold and Performance Link
- Back in October, when we first attempted to put on Level X and before the second and third national lockdowns, parents completed an entry form for their children. This list of accepted entries can be found using the following links :
(Please note that the times used to determine the competitor number for each event are from last year and do not include the time trials from November or the Duel in the Pool from December. Competitor numbers may change if swimmers withdraw or join events)
- Please check the list applicable to your child(ren) and email us at [email protected] if you wish to withdraw from one or more events or if you are new to the Club and wish to participate.
-Please DO NOT use any other email address or WhatsApp for messages relating to this. If you do they may not be acted upon.
-You do not need to let us know if your entries are correct.
-You must inform us by Friday 30th April of any changes in order to give our volunteers sufficient time to organise the schedule.
- A reminder that there will be a small charge of £3 per swimmer per event in order to cover our costs in putting on this event.
- We will always put the safety of our swimmers, coaches and volunteers first and so these events will be run in line with Swim England and Club Covid Safety procedures. Swimmers will not be allowed to participate if they have not filled in their Health Survey and Risk Awareness declaration forms. Unfortunately spectators will not be allowed. We appreciate that many of you would like to see your child swim but it is not feasible under the current guidelines.
We hope you are as excited as we are about the chance to race and compete again. We will be back in touch nearer the event with further information, including specific Covid Safety and organisational procedures, but for now please check the list of accepted entries and inform us of any withdrawals or entries by Friday 30th April at the latest.
Yours in Swimming
The Boldmere Level X Racing team