12 April 2021
Fantastic News!! We can get back in the water from Monday 12th April.
We are delighted to let you know that, in line with government guidance, swimming and water polo will start up again from Monday 12th April. We hope you are as excited as we are about this return to the pool
Marc, Gary and the coaching teams are really looking forward to seeing everyone. They can’t wait to start training together and reconnecting with you after this long period of lockdown. They do recognise, however, that getting back in the water may feel a bit strange and some of you will be a little anxious or nervous. But don’t worry – this is normal and more than anything else we want you to enjoy swimming and playing water polo again.
And there is lots to look forward to… Once we’ve been back training for a few weeks there will be the chance to race and compete. Everyone will be encouraged to take part in Level X Racing. Some of our younger swimmers will be asked to compete in the (virtual) Junior League. And hopefully, possibly (if guidelines allow) a gala before the summer holidays!!
The session timetable for swimming and water polo will be the one we had shared with you over Christmas and which was due to start in January. This can be viewed here.
- In swimming there were some squad moves / trials / bridging sessions due to start in January. These will now begin from 12th April and will be confirmed with individual swimmers over the next couple of weeks.
- Sadly swimmers aged 18 or over will have to wait a little longer before they return and so the Masters sessions will not start again just yet. (People who were 17 on 31st August 2020 and have turned 18 since CAN take part in sessions from 12th April)
- If you wish to change any of your sessions or have any other queries about the timetable please email [email protected]
Covid Safety Procedures
The risks associated with Covid-19 are still high and the safety of everyone involved with our Club remains our primary concern. We will continue to follow government, Swim England and pool operator guidance and we expect an update on 5th April. Our Covid safety procedures remain the same and we would like to remind you of the key points:-
- Changing rooms will not be open so all swimmers and players will need to arrive ‘pool ready’ and leave directly from the poolside without getting changed.
- All swimmers, water polo players, coaches, volunteers and parents should wear face coverings and socially distance during drop off / pick up and when queuing. (The wearing of face coverings does NOT apply to children aged 11 and under or those with a medical exemption)
- We would also ask that swimmers / players continue to socially distance and wear their face coverings until they are on poolside, whilst on poolside and getting changed ready to swim. They should also socially distance and put their face coverings on again when they are getting changed at the end of a session.
- Swimmers and players should also socially distance and wear face coverings when leaving the pool at the end of a session.
Outdoor Land Training
Just to remind you that we have a programme of outdoor land training planned for the week beginning 5th April and you have already received details of this. Marc and his coaching team are excited about this as it will get squads back together before returning to the pool and will give coaches the opportunity to reengage with swimmers. ,
It doesn’t matter if you haven’t taken part in the zoom sessions or if you’re a bit nervous about coming to this. We all just want to see everyone back together again.
Membership Fees & Charges
Please find attached a letter from the Committee about the charges that will be in place once we return to the pool.
We will be in regular communication over the next couple of weeks with any further information and so we ask that you check your emails and WhatsApp messages on a regular basis.
Finally we would like to thank everyone associated with TeamBoldmere (swimmers, water polo players, coaches, teachers, volunteers, parents/carers and members) for their continued support and we look forward to seeing you all back at the pool in the very near future.