*The criteria is a guide and ultimately decisions on all transitions is at the discretion of the Head Coach. If you have any queries during these times please arrange to speak to the Head Coach in the first instance.
- Monday 18:45-21:00 (2.25hrs) – inclusive of 15 mins land work, prior to start of session
- Tuesday 18:00-20:00(2hrs)
- Wednesday 06:15-07:15(1hr)
- Thursday 18:45-21:00(2.25hrs) – inclusive of 15mins land work.
- Saturday 11;05-13:05(2hrs) – (there is the option to do 15 mins land work prior to the session although space is limited poolside) inclusive of 30mins land work post session.
- Sunday 16:30 - 19:30(3hrs) – inclusive of 60mins land work.
- A. Must attend a minimum of 6.5 hours (4 sessions) per week, excluding external pathways. Not arriving late or leaving early.
- B. Compete at Club Championship Events.
- C. Have 7 NASA County Qualifying Times (including 200IM and/or 400IM, and 400Free and/or 800/1500Free) and enter NASA County Championships
- D. Have or have been identified as having potential to achieve Regional qualifying times, based on attitude and application, and enter.
- E. Have or have been identified as having potential to achieve National Qualifying Ranking for British Nationals or Home Nation Nationals, based on attitude and application, and enter.
- F. Ranked in the Top 60 for age group in Britain (age as of 31/12 of the current year) on a Long Course Event.
- G. Have the ability to complete land and swim based swimming sets efficiently.
- H. Be available for Team competitions and selected Open meets if selected, unless discussed with Coach.
- I. Must be on poolside, READY TO START (not turning up at) at relevant start times to sessions, ready to complete land work.
- J. Must be able to consistently streamline butterfly kick/pullout at high speeds past 5m during all parts of swim/drill/pull/kick without board sets. Demonstrating “tight” streamlined positions in water, with or without the aid of streamline kicking equipment.
- K. Streamline butterfly kick in accordance to distances set when streamline kicking equipment is used, or when instructions are given regarding underwater swimming. (5m, 7.5m, 10m etc)
- L. Swimmers and parents, show attitude and application in relation to standards of swimming and targets.
- M. Must be able to complete sets on times equivalent to times of:
- 1m25s for Front Crawl
- 1m35s for Medley/Backcrawl
- 1m40s for Breaststroke
- 1m50s for ALL kick
- 1m35s for Front Crawl
- 1m45s for Medley/Backcrawl
- 1m50s for Breaststroke
- 2m for ALL kick
- 1m40s for Front Crawl
- 1m50s for Medley/Backcrawl
- 1m55s for Breaststroke
- 2m10s for ALL kick
- N. Must improve 25m, 50m, 75m, 100m, 150m, 200m, 300m and 400m kick performances over the season.
Swimmers must meet the criteria for A, B, G, H, I, J, K, L, M and N.
As well as 1 (or more) on the criteria for C, D, E and F.
NOTE: These squads are subject to change and you will be notified of any changes to squad names, session times and any effect on monthly squad fees
We also have some more details on our Club Night Operating Procedures page.