Daventry Dolphins Swimming Club
Affiliated to East Midlands Region & Northamptonshire ASA
Parent’s Code of Conduct
- I will complete and return the Medical Information Form as requested by the organisation and provide details of any health conditions/concerns relevant to my child on the consent form. I will report any changes in the state of my child’s health to the coach prior to training sessions or events. I will ensure that the organisation has up-to-date contact details for me and for any alternative person(s) as required.
- I will deliver and collect my child punctually to and from training sessions/events. I will inform a member of the committee or coaching staff, in advance, if my child is due to be late or absent. I will inform the coach/welfare officer before a session if my child is to be collected early from a training session/event and if so, by whom.
- If the organisation changes my child’s lane and/or changing times, I will remember that the change is to provide appropriate levels of training and to enable my child to progress, and I should therefore support and encourage this at all times.
- I will ensure my child is properly and adequately attired for the training session/ events including all mandatory equipment, e.g. hats, goggles, etc.
- I will behave responsibly as a spectator during training/events and treat members, coaches, committee members and other parents of members of both my child’s organisation and any other organisation with due respect, in accordance with the ASA commitment to equality and diversity. I will not interrupt the coach or distract my child during a training session nor dispute an officiating decision or result at a gala.
- I will support and respect all staff involved with the club and the training programme in place and I will use appropriate language within the leisure centre at all times.
- I will support the coach and committee appropriately and raise any concerns I may have with the Welfare Officer in the first instance. If I wish to speak to the coach, I will check with the Welfare Officer as to how this can be arranged. I will not contact the coach outside of training hours except in extreme circumstances.
- I will show appreciation and support my child and all the team members.
- I will ensure my child’s needs are met in terms of nutrition and I will listen to advice given from the coach/nutritionist. I will NOT coach my or any other child how to race or train as this is the exclusive job of the coaching staff.
- I will not enter poolside unless requested to do so or in an emergency.
- I will regularly check e-mails, notice boards and the website for up-to-date information and respond accordingly.
- I will ensure that membership, training and competition entry fees are paid promptly and will inform the necessary personnel if there are any issues concerning this.
- I will ensure that I and my child are aware of, and adhere to, ALL club codes of conduct and policies at all times (including Safeguarding and Social Media policies).
- Most of all, I will provide emotional and practical support for my child and help them to enjoy the sport and encourage them to achieve to the best of their ability.
The organisation will:
- Inform you at once if your child becomes ill and will ensure their wellbeing until you are able to collect him/her.
- Ensure good child safeguarding guidelines are followed at all times to keep your child safe.
- Ensure all activities are properly supervised/taught/coached and that consent is obtained for any activity outside of that previously agreed.
You have a right to:
- Make a complaint to the organisation if you feel the organisation or a member of the organisation is not acting appropriately or in accordance with ASA/organisation rules and regulations. Details of how to do this can be obtained from the welfare officer.
- Make a complaint on behalf of your child to the ASA Office of Judicial Administration.