Updates to the policy coming soon
Performance 1 and 2 Squad - Head Coach - Jamie Irvine
- Entry to both Performance squads is by invitation only. Swimmers in these squads will be committed to training and have aspirations to attain National, Regional and County Qualifying times.
- Swimmers will be expected to participate in the Club Championships, attend a minimum of two open meets per year and represent the the Club in team galas when selected.
- There is a minimum training requirement of a minimum of 5 hours in the water, which for Performance 1 swimmers must include one morning session.
- For those swimmers aiming to achieve National Qualifying times must understand that they need to be attending most sessions as well as participating in the PBSC Land Training Programme.
- Entry to Performance 1 and 2 is by "invitation only" and commitment to training and racing will be subject to review by the PBSC Coaching Team.
Junior 1 and 2 Squad - Head Coach - Chris Andrew
These squads are for our youngest swimmers that have started their competitive swimming journey. Swimmers will be taught the fundamentals of competitive swimming with a strong basis on stroke techniques, competitive starts and underwater skills. Swimmers will also follow an aerobic training regime in accordance with the ASA's Long Term Athlete Development Programme (LTAD)
- All swimmers will be expected to participate in the PBSC Club Championships, enter at least two open meets a year and represent the Club in team galas when selected.
- Junior 1 swimmers will be expected to attend at least 2 squad sessions per week.
- Junior 2 swimmers will be expected to attend at least 2 squad sessions per week..
PBSC Squad Promotions
The decision to promote swimmers through the Squad system are taken by the PBSC Coaching Team. In coming to these decisions the following factors are
- Swimming technique and ability across all the swimming strokes. This includes the swimmers proficiency with each strokes "starts" and "turns"
- Frequency of attendance at squad training sessions
- Frequency of competition - Club Championships, Open Meets, Team Galas etc
- Attitude, Behaviour and Fitness Levels
- Squad promotions primarily take place Feb, June, and October, although there may be discretionary promotions by the Head Coaches
- The Head Coaches decision is final