Structure for LTS lessons:
Parents/children entering the swimming pool:
- Parents and children will enter the swimming pool using the FurzeField entrance.
- Children will arrive ready with costumes on. Parents will assist with hats/goggles before children enter the poolside, so children are ready to get into the water straight away.
- Volunteer to assist with the running of the entrance to the building.
- Children to go straight through to poolside. Due to children’s ages, abilities and special educational needs some parents may be needed to escort their child on poolside. This will be closely monitored.
- Changing rooms will not be in use.
- A bag drop off will be allocated on poolside, maintaining social distancing. This will be monitored and will be along the long glass window.
- Teachers will already be on poolside (will have used FurzeField entrance to enter the premises and will then use the entrance door near the café to enter the pool area)
- Parents will be expected to stay in the vicinity of the pool during the session and be contactable by phone. The balcony will be open for parents to sit and watch.
- LTS Coordinator will register children at the entrance and direct children to their lane end.
- There will be 1 LTS session running, only for 30 minutes for all LTS groups.
- The sessions will be on Fridays from 6:15-6:45pm.
- 5-8 children per lane maximum.
Exiting the pool:
- Swimmers will exit the pool without using the changing rooms. Parents will wait 2 metres apart.
- If swimmers need help getting changed parents will be able to do this on poolside in the allocated bag drop off area.
- If swimmers can get changed independently parents are to wait by the fire exit so children can be dismissed from this exit.
- Parents and swimmers will exit via the fire exit.