Assistant Coach - ASA Level 2
Organisation: Potters Bar Swimming Club
Working Hours: Part time – Hours 6 to 8 per week
Location: Potters Bar and Borehamwood
Closing Date: Open until filled
Job Reference: PBSC Assistant Coach 2020
Potters Bar Swimming Club in Hertfordshire has an exciting opportunity for a new Assistant coach to join our team.
Potters Bar Swimming Club is a competitive and friendly Club affiliated to Swim England. Established in 1968, the Club provides swimming opportunities for young children through to masters. Over the years the Club has developed swimmers to achieve success at club, county, regional and national levels. The Club wishes to see more swimmers gaining success at their respective levels, which will attract further talent to the Club.
The Assistant Coach will work with the dedicated coaching team in order to develop the swimmers and drive the Club to perform at a higher level. The successful candidate will have excellent communication and management skills, the ability to positively inspire confidence and motivate the swimmers to be the best that they can be. Candidates will preferably be ASA Level 2 qualified or equivalent. Experienced Level 1 Coaches working towards Level 2 will be considered. The hours are part-time, and the salary is negotiable.
The Assistant Coach has a key role at the Club in supporting the Club ethos to encourage children, and young people at all levels of ability and achievement to enjoy and benefit from swimming. There are two Head Coaches – one for the Junior Squad, and one for the Performance Squad. This position will require working within this coaching setup, reporting to the Performance Squad Head Coach, but working with all squads, providing leadership to swimmers, coaches, volunteers and parents to facilitate swimmers reaching their full potential.
Responsible to: Potters Bar Swimming Club Performance Squad Head Coach
Hours: 6 – 8 hours per week. The hours will include evenings, morning sessions and weekends due to the pool time availability on offer to our club. Our sessions are held at The Furzefield Leisure Centre in Potters Bar, and The Venue Leisure Centre in Borehamwood.
Responsible for/Job Description:
We are looking for an enthusiastic and experienced swimming coach to join our expanding club. The ideal candidate should be passionate about swimming and the development of children in the aquatic environment.
- Work alongside and support our head coaches
- Attend, assist and coach at swim meets throughout the year as specified by the head coach or workforce co-ordinator
- Attend all galas hosted by Potters Bar Swimming Club
- Provide cover when required
- Correct faults in swimming techniques and identify ways to improve performance
- Be a positive role model, creating a positive environment in which to motivate and encourage the swimmers and parents participate in swimming
- Attend regular meetings
- Hold an ASA Level 2 Coaching Swimming qualification (or hold Level 1 and be working towards Level 2)
- Lifeguard qualification (desirable, but not required)
- Experience and knowledge of coaching age group and youth swimmers
- Understanding of health and safety in a swimming pool environment
Potters Bar Swimming Club Performance Squad Head Coach
Potters Bar Swimming Club Executive Committee
All applications will be treated with the utmost confidentiality.
Please note, candidates that apply and meet the criteria will be invited to an interview as soon as possible as there is an immediate position to fill.
Interviews are likely to take place in Potters Bar.
How to apply
Applications should be made by submitting the following:
- Cover letter including a personal statement addressing the essential criteria and why you believe your skills, experience and values meet the requirements of the position.
- Comprehensive CV, including 2 references.