All sessions held at Tring Sports Centre unless otherwise stated.
*Held at Green Park, Aston Clinton
Training Commitments - County
For every length in training:
- Use the clock – go on the exact time to help your teammates. Every 5 secs, not every 4 or 6.
- Push off properly – practice your turn movement every push off.
- STREAMLINE – practice, practice, practice…
- Fast dolphin kicks till your FEET reach past the flags, EVERY time.
- Never breathe in the red zone – flags to wall to flags. Never breathe on your first stroke
- ACCELERATE into every turn
- HEAD DOWN into your turns – eyes down, drive your head steadily below the surface to start the turn, tuck your chin to your chest
- PRESS your hands down/towards your face – never “spin your arms”
- DRIVE your knees to your chest for a fast-spin tumble turn
- Push off on your back in perfect streamline